• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do I control the volume with velocity?

Share/Bookmark

How do I control the volume with velocity?

Sounds simpel, but I don´t get this done.

I have an instrument loaded (e.g. the VSL VA-10L_mV_sus_pp-f_4Lay). The volume is controlled by the mod-wheel.
    The problem is, that I want to be able, to slightly change the volumes within one layer by using different velocities, cause some notes are slightly louder than others and I don´t want to draw a modwheel-change to regulate this.

Unfortunately I could not find out, how to do this. Changing the velocity scale, didn´t help.

In my EXS-instruments this is so much easier: U have a simple knob, where U can define, how strong the velocity level is affecting the overall volume level. In the gigastudion, I couln´t find anything similar.

Thanks for your help!

Re: How do I control the volume with velocity?

Is this really so difficuilt? I can´t imagine, I´m the only one having this problem.

Re: How do I control the volume with velocity?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix Bartelt
    Is this really so difficuilt? I can´t imagine, I´m the only one having this problem.
    Sorry, Felix, I thought I'd replied to this. Here goes:

As far as I know, the behavior you're looking for is in the instrument. With the wheel at zero, try a low vel. note, and the same not at high vel. There should be a difference. If not:

Open the gig file in the editor.
    Highlight all regions/splits
    Find "Key Response" in the sample parameters view to the right, and set Velocity Curve to "Non-Linear", and Velocity Curve Range to "high".
    Don't like it? Try mixing and matching other settings of these two parameters.
    Should be able to come up with something good for your purposes this way.

Good Luck,
    Belbin

Go Back to forum