• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Topic: crashes w/ JABB & Finale '07

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    crashes w/ JABB & Finale '07

    This has been done to death on the Finale Forum, but I thought I'd ask around here to see if there are any answers. I've been getting the occasional crash when using JABB w/ Finale '07. This is with all the current updates installed.

    The crashes only seem to affect the VST hosting as I can still save my file and continue working, just without sound. Some possible causes seem to be excessive scrubbing of passages, and other instances of [spacebar] + click playback. It has happened in both page view and scroll view.

    I'm hoping this will be cleared up when the Garritan libraries get updated to Kontakt 2. Of course, I don't know if this is a Finale issue, or a JABB issue. Hopefully someone here knows (I would love a direct answer from Gary or Tom if you're reading this).

    Thanks,

    Jeremy Levy
    Trombone/Composer/Arranger
    Burbank, CA

  2. #2

    Re: crashes w/ JABB & Finale '07

    Have you tried - as a workaround until the VST issues are fixed - to run JABB as stand alone or in Garritan Studio? And maybe even ditch (=move to another location, not delete) the FinaleVSTHost.dll. It would be more troublesome to set up, and I don't even know if it will work/help, but if you are desperate, it might be worth a try.

  3. #3

    Re: crashes w/ JABB & Finale '07

    Nickie,

    I have tried running Studio instead of hosting in Finale, and it seems a little more stable. But it's hard to say. I worked for a good 6 hours yesterday afternoon with no crashes, and then when I came back to work at night it started crashing on me.

    I'll try working with studio today and see if I get more consistent results.

    Thanks,

    Jeremy

  4. #4

    Re: crashes w/ JABB & Finale '07

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy6h
    Nickie,

    I have tried running Studio instead of hosting in Finale, and it seems a little more stable. But it's hard to say. I worked for a good 6 hours yesterday afternoon with no crashes, and then when I came back to work at night it started crashing on me.

    I'll try working with studio today and see if I get more consistent results.

    Thanks,

    Jeremy
    Jeremy, did you move FinaleVSTHost.dll to another folder before you started Finale? This might be important.

  5. #5

    Re: crashes w/ JABB & Finale '07

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy6h
    Hopefully someone here knows (I would love a direct answer from Gary or Tom if you're reading this).
    I wish I had a direct answer to give. Once the K2 version is released we'll find out with everyone else if improvements between Kontakt and Finale have been made.

    Tom

  6. #6

    Re: crashes w/ JABB & Finale '07

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    I wish I had a direct answer to give. Once the K2 version is released we'll find out with everyone else if improvements between Kontakt and Finale have been made.

    Tom
    Thanks for the reply Tom. I hope it gets cleared up in the future. In the mean time, I've switched back to using GPO Studio and haven't had any crashing problems so far. Hopefully this will continue.

    Best,

    Jeremy

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •