• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Looking for Pop-vocals, the familiar oohs/aahs

Share/Bookmark

Looking for Pop-vocals, the familiar oohs/aahs

Hello there,

I'm doing a project for an artist to make some popular summer-music.I was wondering if there is a good pop-vocal library out there for the oohs en aahs, for example during the chorus. I've tried Liquid instruments the voice, but I was wondering if there are other libraries around.....

Re: Looking for Pop-vocals, the familiar oohs/aahs

There's a couple of things you don't mention that may help get some suggestions going - which vocal range (Sopranos, Altos, Tenors, Basses or Boys), and which sampler you are using. However, without this information, here are a few suggestions:

Although a little long in the tooth (or, at least, released quite a long time ago), Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices may fit the bill - great sounds, variety of articulations and some specific pop patches if I remember correctly. I'd tend to lean towards this for pop patches.

Symphonic Choirs and Voices of the Apocalypse from EastWest Quantum Leap has these sort of patches also. They are shortly releasing a new library called Voices of Passion (sounds intruiging).

Bela D Media have what is reputed to be a great boys and girls choir (Giovani), and are doing a group buy deal on it, so might be one to take a look at.

For other suggestions, try posting answers to the two questions above.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Nick.

Thanx for the quick answer. My software-sampler is Kontakt. I think the vocals you suggest are more classical aren't they? I'm looking for the close-harmony-kind. And the vocal-range that I'm looking for is alt/mezzo-soprano.

Any more suggestions?

Symphony Of Voices is a 5 disk collection. One of those Disks is "Pop Stacks".

These are female as well as male voices (together or separate) that are geared toward "pop" music. "Ah's", "Ooh's" and "Ee's".

That being said, they are wonderful for "Enya" type stuff (that's even mentioned in the liner notes), and I've had success using them for 10CC "I'm Not In Love" type textures.

But they're very smooth, and quite thick, and do have a "processed" sound to them. So if you're looking for a few singers singing "Ahh's", where the character of the individual voices pokes through... these are a bit "polished" for that, IMO.

Wizoosounds.com has some oohs and aahs... but more in the classical vein.

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Years ago in my Kurzweil K2000 days, I puchased a"Take 6" sample CD. If you like the sound of that group, that could be an option for you. You'd have to do a search to see if it's still available, and in which formats.

Regards,

Jim
    RealSax.com "When you need real sax in your tracks."
    http://www.realsax.com

For pop vocals,

check out Ueberschall's Liquid Voice 1 and 2, probally right up your alley for what you are looking for

http://www.bestservice.de/detail.asp...a66p249p65p207
    www.energiestudios.com

check out

www.precisionsound.net
    they have also some vocal samples that might fit the bill

Yves

It's only going to cover the female end of things but Bela D. Media's Diva is terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    It's only going to cover the female end of things but Bela D. Media's Diva is terrific.
    Fred,

One of us is confused. The poster wanted pop vocals, not classical.

Go Back to forum