• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Giga support

Share/Bookmark

Giga support

Hi. Could everyone post their solutions to their crash problems?

I remembered something about hyperthread, but that was a long time ago.I don't think I have that.
    I have ACPI mode enabled in bios if that does something. I've never tried GS 3.21 before and will install that if I get the reg.key.
    I know I will get crashed when I have it installed,so please post your experiences

Can someone also post a phone number to support? I need a registration key.Sent them a mail,don't think I'll get a reply.

Re: Giga support

Crash problems? Not on my system.

On the Tascam website: "Call (323) 727-7617 from Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm Pacific Time."

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst

On the Tascam website: "Call (323) 727-7617 from Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm Pacific Time."
    Why not? Do you have a magic computer? hehe

Do you have a mac?

How did you build a stable DAW John?

Search this forum on the word "systemsthatwork", and you will find out.

Smile Re: Giga support

Not on my system, either! Giga is working for me in heavy usage, like a rock.

May I take this opportunity to publicly thank you Jon for the "systems that work" thread! That thread was a simple, but brilliant, idea.

I saved and studied that thread, as well as many other posts here at NS and elsewhere, before building 2 identical computers.

(One has GS3 Orchestra, the other has the GVI plugin and the GigaPulse plugin.)

I built behind the times (budget, and I didn't care about having a state-of-the-art machine) for reliability, lower heat, and quiet.

I did the tweaks that Tascam recommended at their site.

Common sense indicated (at least to me) that software that included code which bypassed the operating system (kernal products that I bought: GigaSampler 64, GigaStudio 160, and GigaStudio 3 Orchestra, NOT GVI or the GigaPulse plugin) were very high-tech products and would require care in installation and environment to work properly.

The inference that Giga software is buggy is LAUGHABLE to me. You can't experience the stabilty I have in almost 8 years of Giga use with buggy software.

BTW, the last time I had serious trouble (pops and clicks) with Giga software was in 1999, with GigaSampler 64.

The fault was all mine. Once I got the guts to get rid of the garbage (extraneous) software, I was able to run Cubase AND GigaSampler 64 on my Dell P3 550 MHz.

Wherever there's a pro-giga thread (or one that's turning into one), there'll be belbin! I've not been without my problems using Gigastudio 3 Orch, but ever since I stopped being careless (as described Le Miz) everything has been great.

Tascam is working hard now on various things with both GVI and GS3, including bug fixes, and all the ones that have caused BSOD's for a large number of users have been fixed. As well as reading Jon's venerated thread, you should a) make usre you have the latest update, and b) barring that you're problems be fixed by a), then run a diagnostic and send it to CustSer@tascam.com. They do read these things and address these issues. Just recently I posted an inquiry to them concerning a small bug (a silly GUI issue that was not hurting me badly, just a nuisance), and within a couple of weeks, an update was issued that addressed it. AFAIK, I was the only one who had experienced this, but they found the problem in their code and fixed it. The software works, and so do the guys at Tascam.

Good luck,

Belbin

Search this forum on the word "systemsthatwork", and you will find out.
    Well I didn't get HOW that can help me what other people have that works.:P

How do you get a crashing BSOD computer to BEHAVE?
    I wanna tame this horse..HOW?

Asus motherboard (sticking my head in the computer for the motherboard name,can't see it) It's 4 years old

Amd Athlon XP 1,24 GHz
    Corsair 1,50 GB RAM
    Matrox Pharelia 128MB running 3 screens
    MAYA 44 GSIF 2 Audio card (3 years old)
    20GB samsung HD
    120GB Seagate HD
    CD RW
    DVD

Does running applications like msn and things like that interfere with GS3?

Quote Originally Posted by Audun_Jemtland

Amd Athlon XP 1,24 GHz
    I'm not familiar with this processor... if it is a dual-core, then earlier versions of GS3 will cause BSoDs. Installing the update to GS3 and then rebooting should solve the "dual-core" problem.

If you haven't done so already, you should read through TASCAM's own support and FAQ pages, here:

http://tascamgiga.com/support.html

http://tascamgiga.com/faq.html

Does running applications like msn and things like that interfere with GS3?
    They definitely can. You might want to consider a "dual boot" option, where you either (i) install a second hard drive in your machine, or (ii) partition your existing hard drive into two bootable partitions. Your current drive isn't very big, so the two-drive option would probably make more sense, if you can afford it...

In either case, you allow one drive/partition to be your "regular" drive/partition, in which you've installed everything you want, surf the Internet, and so on... and you make the other drive/partition your "Giga drive/partition," with a properly tweaked Windows install (this is described in TASCAM's FAQ), no network drivers, no printer drivers, no screen savers, no firewall or antivirus software, and only Giga and your DAW/sequencer and other music software installed.

Giga can work with other apps installed (as evidenced by Jon and others here), but it does prefer to play alone... For those of us who can't afford a separate computer to dedicate to Giga, the dual-boot option is, probably, the best option.

Good luck!
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Well I didn't get HOW that can help me what other people have that works.:P
    You had asked how I built a stable DAW. Well, that's how. The key is to use components and drivers that are compatible with GS3.

If you go through the list of parts that people have used, then maybe you'll be able to identify if you've used anything unique.

Also, make sure that your CPU and RAM are working 100% solid. You can run prime95 as a stress test. You can also try purposefully underclocking your processor and RAM to ensure no glitches. Giga is a very stressful app. If your system isn't 100%, Giga will find the weakest point!

You had asked how I built a stable DAW. Well, that's how. The key is to use components and drivers that are compatible with GS3.

If you go through the list of parts that people have used, then maybe you'll be able to identify if you've used anything unique.

Also, make sure that your CPU and RAM are working 100% solid. You can run prime95 as a stress test. You can also try purposefully underclocking your processor and RAM to ensure no glitches. Giga is a very stressful app. If your system isn't 100%, Giga will find the weakest point!
    The thing I saw was you had to run GS3 in Rewire and that certain soundcards didn't work.

What is this?
    I just got an error:

Driver_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    MA44wdm1.sys

I don't have GS3 installed yet

From day 1 I couldn't use a microphone with the card. (line in)

Where do I find prime95?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast