• Register
  • Help

Topic: More Finale 2007/JABB issues

Share/Bookmark

More Finale 2007/JABB issues

I seem to be to be striking out on all of the fixes suggested in this forum. I tried a small test fileusing setup wizard in Finale 2007 for guitar, piano, bass and drums. When I finished setup it only loaded and recognized the drums. Apparently Finale doesn't know that the 'lite' versions of the sounds, that I thought I'd loaded, don't exist. I've tried all the VST copy/paste suggestions, with no success. I'd love to know exactly what is supposed to be in my Finale 2007 FinaleVST folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

...Brent
    Swing Shift Big Band - Toronto

Intel(R) Core(TM)2CPU
    6300 @ 1.86GHz
    1.86 GHz, 2.99 GB of RAM

Re: More Finale 2007/JABB issues

Hi Brent,

Not gonna be much help, but they all load up perectly on my Mac. I used the setup wizrd and created a score using lite guitar, reg. guitar, lite bass, reg, bass, lite piano, reg. piano, and drums. All 7 staves appeared and all sounds were loaded correctly. When you go into your NI setup window and view the Kontakt player, do you see the "lite" instruments as choices to load?

JT

Thanks for writing, Jeff. No, the only instrument that showed up in the Kontakt player were the drums. Everything else in the 'rack' was blank. This is why I think that Finale is not recognizing that these voices are installed. However, my situation is different because I'm a Windows user.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2CPU
    6300 @ 1.86GHz
    1.86 GHz, 2.99 GB of RAM

Quote Originally Posted by B Turner
    I'd love to know exactly what is supposed to be in my Finale 2007 FinaleVST folder.
    Brent, your FinaleVST folder should contain the following JABB related files:

GarritanJazzintsrument.txt
    Garritan JazzVST.dll

There are other files in the folder as well, related to other libraries and reverb.

I've got those in my Finale VST, complete with the expanded text as explained in this forum, but even when I use Finale setup wizard, there is no recognition that the JABB files exist. Where do I go now?

Thanks for writing.

...Brent

Intel(R) Core(TM)2CPU
    6300 @ 1.86GHz
    1.86 GHz, 2.99 GB of RAM

Did you install the notation version of JABB? (it doesn't install by default)

JT

Yes. I un-installed JABB last night, and re-installed it to specify the notation version. Or at least I think that's what I did....I don't know if you saw my other post from this morning, but while searching through Windows Explorer for answers, I opened the Garritan Jazz Big Band 'folder' and followed the files through Garritan Jazz Big Band Library to Instruments. I would've expected to see all of the 'voices' here including the 'lite' ones, but there wasn't a 'lite' one in sight! If I'm 'loading' them into Finale, and its looking for the voices in the this location, it's no wonder that it's not finding them. What do I have to do to either re-direct Finale to where they really are located (wherever that is), or move them to the "Garritan Jazz Big Band Library - Instruments"?

Thanks again for responding, and offering assistance on what has become an extremely frustrating situation.

...Brent

Intel(R) Core(TM)2CPU
    6300 @ 1.86GHz
    1.86 GHz, 2.99 GB of RAM

Go Back to forum