• Register
  • Help

Topic: Early Spring!! Early Spring!!

Share/Bookmark

Talking Early Spring!! Early Spring!!

So it looks like Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow this morning and it'll be an early spring!! I can't wait! It's currently (with windchill) about -37 F degrees and without windchill -10 degrees! I'm so sick of snow and cold. Bring on the spring!!!

Re: Early Spring!! Early Spring!!

I know what you mean, Steph. I don't like the cold too much either. Fortunately we have not really had any winter so far. The winter has been nothing but a series of heat records until now. A couple of weeks ago I even saw roses in bloom. In mid January! And when the sun occationally shines, the birds are singing. That's the way to go. I wish I could send you some of this "winter". The downside: not much sun, only a lot of rain and wind. I guess you can't have it all

Thumbs up Re: Early Spring!! Early Spring!!

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    So it looks like Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow this morning and it'll be an early spring!! I can't wait! It's currently (with windchill) about -37 F degrees and without windchill -10 degrees! I'm so sick of snow and cold. Bring on the spring!!!
    I didn't see my shadow either, Mountain girl... Snow and more snow with bitter cold/windchill. The worst is Lake Erie hasn't frozen over thus we're getting our share of lake effect snow storms.
    Spring you say? I can't wait either ...
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: Early Spring!! Early Spring!!

When I heard there would be global warming, i planted several Palm trees and some other tropicals. They will certainly be happy to hear this news of early spring, i think they have been praying for it everyday. I felt so sorry for them yesterday when it was snowing.

Re: Early Spring!! Early Spring!!

We've had one of the coldest Januarys this year here in Phoenix. My plants aren't looking too good especially after it got down to 19F here. That's darn cold for our area. Good news is that it will start hitting in the 70's in a couple more days.

Jim

Exclamation Re: Early Spring!! Early Spring!!

Burrrrr! Steph, Haydn, Styxx, hope you guys are able to stay warm, i care about you guys more than my palm trees.

Nickie, i never thought i would be saying this, but i want to move to Denmark where it is sunny and warm.

David

Go Back to forum