• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Second Number from my musical

Share/Bookmark

The Second Number from my musical

I recently posted the opening number from my original stage musical, and am still so pleased with the great responses added to that thread. Because of the interest expressed, I'm here to post a link to the show's second number.

At the end of that original thread, I posted a link to the lyrics and more information about "Prelude" since there had been interest generated about my show, and requests for more details.

This new link is to three files in a Box folder--you'll find a WMA file of the music (still instrumental, intended as the backing track for vocalists) as well as a PDF file with a few notes on the piece, and another PDF file with the song's lyrics.

THE NEXT PHASE OF THIS PROJECT---I have been posting a call for online vocal auditions, with the intention of creating an "original cast album" of this yet-to-be-produced show. Some of you here at the Garritan Forums have said you'd like to participate as singers on this demo version of the show, and asked to hear more of the music in order to help you decide on committing to the project.

If you are a singer, or have leads on singers who would like to showcase in this way, please send an inquiry to:

hair_rb@yahoo.com

The concept is that singers add vocals to materials I'll provide online--vocal scores and MIDI files for helping to learn the music. All a singer needs is access to a decent microphone and an audio recording program, so that their tracks can be laid in with what I provide. A Box account will be the hub of the project, where test recordings can be uploaded and then final versions. I will mix the collected vocal tracks with the instrumentals I've completely finished for the show.

Here is the show's second number, with the lyrics and other info, as explained above:

http://www.box.net/public/96t7h3y5ra

Thanks again to everyone who has been so encouraging to me on this gigantic project.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Re: The Second Number from my musical

The Remarkable Mr. Gray is coming along, well,
    remarkably well!

There's a really distinctive style to this writing,
    Randy; you know who it is inside of eight measures;
    and that's a crucial quality that is missing in so
    much new music -- in any genre.

Keep it coming, Randy; this is solid work, and I'm
    following this with much interest!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

OH my! And now I'm replying to you again, David--I just thanked you on what's become the "Glaceverb" thread, for explaining about that plugin better than I did.

This feedback on my musical is especially appreciated by me. When it comes to composing music, we do whatever it is we do, and naturally we hope it's heard as distinctive, and uniquely ours--but one doesn't always hear that compliment. So thank you Much.

The primary focus on this Listening Room board seems to be on the rendering of classical music, but I'm glad to see that less "serious" music is given an airing also. For some time now I've been looking forward to sharing the GPO work I've done with my show--I'm so happy to be finally doing just that!

Randy
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    OH my! And now I'm replying to you again, David--I just thanked you on what's become the "Glaceverb" thread, for explaining about that plugin better than I did.

This feedback on my musical is especially appreciated by me. When it comes to composing music, we do whatever it is we do, and naturally we hope it's heard as distinctive, and uniquely ours--but one doesn't always hear that compliment. So thank you Much.

The primary focus on this Listening Room board seems to be on the rendering of classical music, but I'm glad to see that less "serious" music is given an airing also. For some time now I've been looking forward to sharing the GPO work I've done with my show--I'm so happy to be finally doing just that!

Randy
    (rbowser)
    Gee, Randy, maybe you should just stop by for a chat at
    my place, it'd be easier... rofl. Got a nice fire going, etc.

It's true there's a slight tilt toward more serious music, here;
    but there's certainly plenty of great material in all kinds of
    styles -- lately, especially on the Jazz side, some just
    incredible work.

I think I speak readily for most members in the forum in
    saying that every style is welcome, and appreciated. Too
    much of that long-haired stuff'll make us all stodgy, like... lol.

Good stuff is good stuff, is what it comes down to.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Great stuff Randy,

I'm enjoying and looking forward to more of your work here as you build and post. I agree with David on the recognition of you, through your style of writing and look forward to hearing future vocal renditions of your compositions. I obviously also agree on the publishing of as many diverse genres of music as possible on this forum.

Kind regard

Ray

Ray, thank you very much for listening, and for your interest.

I think it may be better if I put together an email list of people here at the Garritan Forums as well as the bigger group at Cakewalk Forums who want to hear the rest of the score. That way it wouldn't have to be the redundant routine of me returning time and again to put up a "Here's the next section" post.

If those who would like to hear more see this post, please send me your email addresses to:

hair_rb@yahoo.com

And then I could send direct email alerting you to when I've uploaded a new file from the show.

Thanks to those who have heard some of this theatre piece of mine.

Randy
    rbowser

Terrific work, Randy!

This is indeed quite unique, and completely professional on many levels.
    I admire the confidence in your creativity. It's easy to hear the influences of Broadway, yet there's a greater depth.
    Your style dances between traditional and contemporary.

I really enjoyed this musical production!

... and please don't hesitate to post your latest works here... that's what the forums are for.!

Bravo!

~Jeff

Hi Randy,

Great work! Somewhat inspired by Sondheim, is it ? Very nicely orchestrated.

Regards,

Jack

Go Back to forum