• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another work in progress.

Another work in progress.

Heres another movement of a piece of music I have been working on. Its not done yet, but I got about 2 minutes and 30 seconds worth of music done so far. Let me know what you think.

Ps. The Cloche you hear at the beginning is a soundfont.

Re: Another work in progress.

Hey Mike,
    Well, at first I thought the Cloche was a little "over the top" but you used it and blended it so well with the horn I though it was a great introduction for the work. Then the music seemed more technique than substance immediately after. Enjoyed the trumpet and percussion part; reminds me of Williams a bit. The second use of the Cloche I wasn't too impressed with; but the ending, or were you left off, kept my interest; had a little bit of an oriental influence. Overall, I enjoy your style and look forward to hearing this completed.

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Off to one heck of a good start on this, Mike;
    exceptionally strong material -- thematics in
    this you could take anywhere. Take it
    forward! Most promising!

The one quiet caution I'll make, in parallel with
    Mike Wiktor, is to be careful of overuse of very
    distinctive effects or sounds. Sosnowski's
    Garlic Law applies here: some is good, too
    much is indigestion.

Now get to work... lol!

My best,

Thanks for the advice. Its true the piece has heavy use of sound effects, and consequently I am not planning on using any more sound effects for the remainder of this one. Mike Wiktor, when you say "Reminds me of williams", did you mean john williams?

Ps. I am going to take your advice and see if I can't fix that second bell part.

Go Back to forum