• Register
  • Help

Topic: "THE LIGHTHOUSE OF ALEXANDRIA" New song made with Miroslav Philharmonik

Share/Bookmark

"THE LIGHTHOUSE OF ALEXANDRIA" New song made with Miroslav Philharmonik

Hi,
    I made this song the other day. Its 100% Miro, no choirs this time though but I was aiming for a different sound.

It is heavily inspired by Patrick Doyle's early works. Hope you like it....

As the topic-title says, the song is called "The Lighthouse of Alexandria". Listen to it here:
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=657125

Chris

Thumbs up Re: "THE LIGHTHOUSE OF ALEXANDRIA" New song made with Miroslav Philharmonik

Hi Chris,
    I've had the pleasure of listening to all 3 of your songs and like the memorable driving but always changing string arpeggios in "[...]Alexandria," the varied full sound of "Colossus[...]" (again with some nice arpeggios at appropriate times), and the wordy parted a capela choir in "[...]7 Wonders[...]" with your use of controller swells. It's nice to see one who is happy to get optimal results with the tools he has. Thanks for sharing your music with us.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Re: "THE LIGHTHOUSE OF ALEXANDRIA" New song made with Miroslav Philharmonik

Great! Nice composition!

Thank you both for listening and thank you cmdratz for your comments. It really means a lot to me that you guys take your time and listen to my music.

Glad you liked the string-arpeggios, cmdratz. I was trying to portray the flickering light of the lighthouse at night which is why I chose to write the arpeggio parts. I'm not sure if I'll use Miroslav for my next song in this "wonder-story". If I'll find that I need a bigger sound I'll probably use Gold but it would be fun to use Miro for all these songs. Plus I think there are too few MP-userdemos.

Chris

Hello,

Very nicely orchestrated and composed - I like the idea of writing a suite on ancient wonders. But why such a sudden ending? I was expecting a development section in a contrasting mood that returns to the initial theme but at the end in a much grander gesture. The sudden end caught me by surprise.

Very good work overall.
    Karim

Quote Originally Posted by karelm
    Hello,

Very nicely orchestrated and composed - I like the idea of writing a suite on ancient wonders. But why such a sudden ending? I was expecting a development section in a contrasting mood that returns to the initial theme but at the end in a much grander gesture. The sudden end caught me by surprise.

Very good work overall.
    Karim
    Hey Karim,
    Thank you very much for listening and taking your time to write a comment about my song. I could agree that the ending may seem a bit sudden... However, I didn't think that a grander ending would suit the story or picture I was drawing. The theme, in my opinon, is the string arpeggios which I chose trying to portray the flickering of light. It starts and ends with this same arpeggios-pattern, so my intention was to return to what I regard as the maintheme, which I did. However, I really appreciate that you told me that this didn't please your ears. I shall take it into consideration for the next song in these "wonders". Definitly work harder on my arrangments.

Chris

Nice arrangement and use of the samples. I have been strictly using MP these days because I'm largely mobile and use only my Macbook (with DP5.1) and need a library that doesn't hog my harddrive.

I also like the warmth of the samples. Very expressive. Of course, they wouldn't be as impressive unless someone had good control over them as Chris has displayed in his last few posts. Nice command of the library!

Quote Originally Posted by davecos
    Nice arrangement and use of the samples. I have been strictly using MP these days because I'm largely mobile and use only my Macbook (with DP5.1) and need a library that doesn't hog my harddrive.

I also like the warmth of the samples. Very expressive. Of course, they wouldn't be as impressive unless someone had good control over them as Chris has displayed in his last few posts. Nice command of the library!
    Wow, I'm flattered. Thank you so much for listening and for your kind words!

Makes me want to make some more Miroslav demos.
    Chris

Go Back to forum