• Register
  • Help

Topic: PMI orch instruments/exs24

Share/Bookmark

PMI orch instruments/exs24

I just bought & downloaded the orchestral instruments collection from Sampletekk, and the 'simple piano collection' consists of 5 different exs patches for different velocities.
    Naturally, I want to be able to play one single patch which uses all of these velocities - it seems odd to seperate them all out.

So - does anyone know of a Sampletekk fix for this, or maybe I'd have to do it myself in the EXS24 editor. If that's tha case, then I'd be grateful if anyone could give me a few pointers.

Thanks!

Re: PMI orch instruments/exs24

In Logic create an Environment layer with the EXS instruments loaded with the different patches. Created a Midi Instrument and cable them all to it. Add that instrument to the Arrange page and you are good to go.

BTW next time why not post this in the new EXS24 forum?

Folks, we asked for this forum so we need to use it more.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Thought I'd post here as it's an issue with the samples - as much as a potential resolution might involve the exs24.
    I'm currently trying to properly learn Logic, so I haven't really used the environment yet. I had a go though, and as I suspected I ended up with an instrument which played 4 esx24 patches at once.

Maybe I should have been clearer...

The piano samples in question have their velocities split into different patches. One for pianissimo, up to fortissimo. I want to be able to play an instrument which incorporates all of these velocities, so it plays the quiet samples when I play quiet etc, rather then playing all 4 samples at once regardless.

I'm assuming either there's someone involved with Sampletekk who could offer advice, or possibly someone who could help me create a new instrument using these different velocities in the EXS24.

Cheers for the suggestion though - at least it got me fiddling about with Logic's environment!

Quote Originally Posted by wilx
    Thought I'd post here as it's an issue with the samples - as much as a potential resolution might involve the exs24.
    I'm currently trying to properly learn Logic, so I haven't really used the environment yet. I had a go though, and as I suspected I ended up with an instrument which played 4 esx24 patches at once.

Maybe I should have been clearer...

The piano samples in question have their velocities split into different patches. One for pianissimo, up to fortissimo. I want to be able to play an instrument which incorporates all of these velocities, so it plays the quiet samples when I play quiet etc, rather then playing all 4 samples at once regardless.

I'm assuming either there's someone involved with Sampletekk who could offer advice, or possibly someone who could help me create a new instrument using these different velocities in the EXS24.

Cheers for the suggestion though - at least it got me fiddling about with Logic's environment!
    Well with their Seven Seas Grand it uses three EXS24s cabled to a midi instrument as I described so it must be doable. You should PM Per (Worra).
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by wilx
    I just bought & downloaded the orchestral instruments collection from Sampletekk, and the 'simple piano collection' consists of 5 different exs patches for different velocities.
    Naturally, I want to be able to play one single patch which uses all of these velocities - it seems odd to seperate them all out.

So - does anyone know of a Sampletekk fix for this, or maybe I'd have to do it myself in the EXS24 editor. If that's tha case, then I'd be grateful if anyone could give me a few pointers.

Thanks!
    Hi, these "simple piano" patches are not intended to be combined as one multi-velocity level instrument. They are intended to be used as one-velocity layer piano patches serving situations where you need a piano part in a fixed presribed articulation.
    The patches are coming from a multi-velocity piano (postPristinePiano / "PPP", which is a Steinway D) but were programmed to sound good in one specific range only. Combining them in a music way to become a multi-velocity layer piano does not seem appropriate to me. You can better buy a piano set that is designed to be used as a multi-velocity piano.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post
    Hi, these "simple piano" patches are not intended to be combined as one multi-velocity level instrument. They are intended to be used as one-velocity layer piano patches serving situations where you need a piano part in a fixed presribed articulation.
    The patches are coming from a multi-velocity piano (postPristinePiano / "PPP", which is a Steinway D) but were programmed to sound good in one specific range only. Combining them in a music way to become a multi-velocity layer piano does not seem appropriate to me. You can better buy a piano set that is designed to be used as a multi-velocity piano.
    No need - I already have plenty of superb Sampletekk pianos!

Thanks for the clearing that up.

Go Back to forum