• Register
  • Help

Topic: Closing thoughts

Closing thoughts

Hello everyone,

Wow, I can hardly believe that we've covered the entire RK book. It seems kind of surreal. I remember Gary telling me that he'd like to do this project. At that time, I remember thinking how big of a task that would be, but if anyone could do it, Gary Garritan could.

Although I didn't comment very often, I did follow the courses progress from the beginning. I tried to field as many questions as time allowed and help in any way that i could. I hope that I managed to help.

Orchestration, in my opinion, is just as important to a composition as the melody and harmony. A properly orchestrated piece can be inspiratational. An improperly orchestrated one can be disasterous. It is a dying art that I truely hope becomes revitalized.

The course was very professionally layed out and implemented. I can forsee new classes in Colleges and Universities all over the globe using the newly updated and interactive RK Orchestration book.

I offer Mr. Garritan my deepest congratulations on this amazing achievement. It's just as revoltuionary to education as GPO was to Modern Music Synthesis.

I believe that the Orchestration course will be offered as a stand alone interactive course for schools to use. Hopefully, this will also be offered to everyone who is interested in the subject.

Once again, congratulations to those who created and to those who traveled.

Professor Jonny Lost
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Dallas, TX

Exclamation Re: Closing thoughts

Thank you Professor Jonny Lost and the other professors and of course Gary for having the vision to do this project. Yes indeed your help was very helpful. I'm now starting over ang going through all the lessons again, this time armed with much more knowledge and understanding than before.

Go Back to forum