• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO horn quartet

GPO horn quartet

After hearing and enjoying a couple of horn things on the forum, I just had to try and write something for horns. This is a french horn quartet. It is very busy, but I made sure that all of the players would have time to breathe. Also, I split up repetive figures between 2 horns so no one player would fatigue their embouchure. Please tell me what you think.

Re: GPO horn quartet

That's very nice and sonorous, Jay. I like your horn writing. Thanks for posting it.

The only downside is the fact that your ending chops off rather abruptly without a natural decay of the sound.

Larry G. Alexander

Thank you, Jay--That was very enjoyable. Sweet and with a gentle touch of some nostalgia.

I may be hearing what Larry was referring to as the abrupt cut offs, but I don't think they bother me. I'm curious if you played with the Length parameter on the horns?

Great work Jay, quite enjoyed. Thank you for sharing.

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Nice job on this, Jay; I enjoyed it; good handling
    of the horns in it!

You might tweak that ending a bit, as Larry said.

My best,

Larry, David, Michael and rbowser, thanks for listening and you comments. You guys are right, the piece does end kind of abruptly. I don't know why I did not notice it. Anyway, thanks. I have fixed the ending of the song.
    rbowser, I did not do anything with the length parameter on the horns. What is it that you heard that made you think that I might have used the parameter?

Go Back to forum