• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Error allocating memory". Please help!

"Error allocating memory". Please help!

While trying to load a GIG-file the size of 880megs, I get an error message. \"Error with Gigastudio file. Unable to allocate memory.\"

I\'ve previously loaded files over 900 megs big and not gotten more than 25% memory usage, so my file has to be corrupted or something right? Anyone else had the problem? I run on an AMD Athlon xp 2000+, 512mb DDR333 ram.

Re: "Error allocating memory". Please help!

Maybe you went from Win98 to XP?

Naah, I\'m using w2000... guess I\'m stuck.

Well, how many samples are in the gig itself? I believe Gigastudio allocats a small amount of RAM for every sample loaded. If the gig has a massive amount of samples, and Windows is hogging the memory, then you\'re going to get the \"Memory Allocation Error\" a lot, as I used to.

Sorry we\'re not much help [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

i have looked the same like you for an answer, but i think something really helps...

there is a little program called cacheman, this shoul d help at least for the memory error, but after this i used GS with cubase sx and xp and i got a lot of bluescreens [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] maybe you have more luck [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum