• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My new eSnips web

Share/Bookmark

My new eSnips web

I have created an eSnips web page. This is a test post to see if the link works. I am now working like an obsessed manical fool with my compositions. It seems since I now have my Power Profile, eSnips and MySpace website inspires me to work with greater passion to polish and complete my compositions. Listening to the awsome examples from composers on this site set a very high standard for me to aspire to.

If it does not work (the link) rememer this is a test. The piece that is posted was used to setup the site.

I am working every Friday and Sunday evening and have missed out on the great chats that I know are taking place. Hope to get back to the chats soon.

http://www.esnips.com//web/samanthapenigar49-MusicalDreams

P.S. I created a symphony for strings using PrintMusic. I had only the software for about a month and had never written anything before and I did not have a clue about compositions or what string instruments were capable of performing. For the experience of it I submitted the composition for an international composition for female composers being held by the Detroit Symphony Orchestra. I knew they would only do one of two things, say me yes or say me no. Regretfully, I received a NO letter on Monday stating that I did not win. It is to be an annual compitition and I was invited to submit works in future compitition. Now that I have found my way to Nothern Sounds and have learned a wealth of knowledge from the Forum I hope to do much better the next time. Moviemaestro I hope you will enter the compitition if you have not already done so. As soon as I know something I post to the Forum.
    Last edited by Samantha Penigar; 02-06-2007 at 11:01 PM. Reason: grammar

Thumbs up Re: My new eSnips web

It's working and sounding great, Samantha. Beautiful and moving music.

The picture, if you have one on there, (on the esnips site) is just showing an x, but that could be my computer because i just was sent a pic in an email that was also just displaying an X instead of the pic that was supposed to be there.

David

Re: My new eSnips web

.. and you are talking to me as being.... whatever. You can make music your own. Good working material and good sound. The original thought behind this is wonderful.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    It's working and sounding great, Samantha. Beautiful and moving music.

The picture, if you have one on there, (on the esnips site) is just showing an x, but that could be my computer because i just was sent a pic in an email that was also just displaying an X instead of the pic that was supposed to be there.

David
    There is a picture. It is the same one on this site. I don't know why it does not show, but the one on my Power Profile does not show to visitors either.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    .. and you are talking to me as being.... whatever. You can make music your own. Good working material and good sound. The original thought behind this is wonderful.

Raymond
    Raymond this is all so very new to me. I only been composing and using notation software for about nine months. I been hearing thing in my head for years. I don't have any formal training and therefore I am free to write in whatever style that is within me. I've just spent an hour trying upload the third movement of my piano concerto but the upload failed. I'll keep working on getting on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Penigar
    I have created an eSnips web page. This is a test post to see if the link works. I am now working like an obsessed manical fool with my compositions. It seems since I now have my Power Profile, eSnips and MySpace website inspires me to work with greater passion to polish and complete my compositions. Listening to the awsome examples from composers on this site set a very high standard for me to aspire to.

If it does not work (the link) rememer this is a test. The piece that is posted was used to setup the site.

I am working every Friday and Sunday evening and have missed out on the great chats that I know are taking place. Hope to get back to the chats soon.

P.S. I created a symphony for strings using PrintMusic. I had only the software for about a month and had never written anything before and I did not have a clue about compositions or what string instruments were capable of performing. For the experience of it I submitted the composition for an international composition for female composers being held by the Detroit Symphony Orchestra. I knew they would only do one of two things, say me yes or say me no. Regretfully, I received a NO letter on Monday stating that I did not win. It is to be an annual compitition and I was invited to submit works in future compitition. Now that I have found my way to Nothern Sounds and have learned a wealth of knowledge from the Forum I hope to do much better the next time. Moviemaestro I hope you will enter the compitition if you have not already done so. As soon as I know something I post to the Forum.
    Hi Samantha! Congrats on a great page! I really like your C minor Concerto!!

Sorry to hear about the no win letter, but there's always next year right?
    I'm not sure which contest this is, I'd appreciate more info (you can PM me if you want).

Take Care,
    Steph

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Penigar
    I been hearing thing in my head for years. I don't have any formal training and therefore I am free to write in whatever style that is within me.

Hey...sounds just like me!!

Raymond
    I got the 3rd movement of my concerto uploaded finally. Check it out and post your reply.

Hi Samantha,

This has great potential. There a some things to say.
    1. It is fast and catching, with a lot of interesting chord progressions, but you should use the violins AG settings with D1 Keyswitch to get some shorter bowing(sounds a bit more aggressive). Then they match the short staccato like piano part. Don't hesitate to use keyswitch E1 for downbows.
    2. More dynamics would improve this piece drastically. Try to lower the velocity for the long bowing violins and add some volume (CC#1) to them. With the piano just the same, focus on more dynamics. The piano needs the velocity for volume, that is the reason why I "do" the piano always separately and mix the two parts together.
    3. My setting of the Kontakt Player is: don't use velocity as volume, but that is only valid for all instruments but keybaords and percussion.
    4. Try to insert some tempo changes. Now it sounds a bit mechanically.
    5. What kind of sequencer are you using? Or which notation program? I am sure in either one you can set a lot of other things to make this more a "live" performance.
    6. You aren't highlighting the consonants in this piece. Find out which is which and give the consonants a bit more accents or lenghten them a bit (tempo). I now see you thinking, what are consonants in music? And what are vowels? Listen to your own speech. The nicer tuned sounds in your voice wave file are the vowels, the rest is just filling material. And strangely enough highlihgting those gives you true speech, articulated. Everybody can hear the vowels, but the consonants make the word.
    Go on please. You have so many ideas that it needs channelling and one learns by doing.

Raymond

Hi Samantha,

This has great potential. There a some things to say.
    1. It is fast and catching, with a lot of interesting chord progressions, but you should use the violins AG settings with D1 Keyswitch to get some shorter bowing(sounds a bit more aggressive). Then they match the short staccato like piano part. Don't hesitate to use keyswitch E1 for downbows.
    2. More dynamics would improve this piece drastically. Try to lower the velocity for the long bowing violins and add some volume (CC#1) to them. With the piano just the same, focus on more dynamics. The piano needs the velocity for volume, that is the reason why I "do" the piano always separately and mix the two parts together.
    3. My setting of the Kontakt Player is: don't use velocity as volume, but that is only valid for all instruments but keybaords and percussion.
    4. Try to insert some tempo changes. Now it sounds a bit mechanically.
    5. What kind of sequencer are you using? Or which notation program? I am sure in either one you can set a lot of other things to make this more a "live" performance.
    6. You aren't highlighting the consonants in this piece. Find out which is which and give the consonants a bit more accents or lenghten them a bit (tempo). I now see you thinking, what are consonants in music? And what are vowels? Listen to your own speech. The nicer tuned sounds in your voice wave file are the vowels, the rest is just filling material. And strangely enough highlihgting those gives you true speech, articulated. Everybody can hear the vowels, but the consonants make the word.
    Go on please. You have so many ideas that it needs channelling and one learns by doing.

Raymond
    Raymond I don't have a clue how to use the GPO settings. I don't know what AG and D1 Keyswitches. I would not know where to start with the CC#'s. I have the full GPO and I have only used it for sounds in Finale. I only use the Finale 2007 notation software to work in. Every note, rest articulation and expression was entered using a mouse. I tried to use the GPO, but the book that came with it left me scratching my head. I downloaded a demo of Sonar and it was so confusing to me that I uninstalled it.

Can those settings you mentioned be accessed inside of Finale. I agree on the dynamics changes that I will need o make. The version you are hearing is one that came about after listening to you work and the realistic sound quality you achieved. etLux suggested that I could get that type of realism using Finale by employing articulation and expression.

Initially, I have only wanted to concentrate on learning Finale. There is a great wealth of functions in the program and I only scratched the surface. Once I've gained a comfortable working knowledge of Finale then I can concentrate on GPO. Eventually, I will have learned enough about these thow programs to look into Sonar or one of the other sequencing programs. I don't see myself using hyperscribe much. It is a great feature, but I much prefer the mouse at this point.

Can you point me in the right direction to leary about the keyswitches and CC# functions of GPO?

Go Back to forum