• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Check out Audio Impressions’ Realtime Instruments

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb Check out Audio Impressions’ Realtime Instruments

Audio Impressions’ Realtime Instruments: I have been looking into this and I am impressed. Go here and watch the whole movie:
    http://www.audioimpressions.com/
    Real time articulation changes, distributed processing, real humanizing, divisi sizes do not change just because you play different numbers of multiple notes, realistic glide, variable room size (multiple variable mikes), a massive number of instruments available, delivered on hard drives, 3rd party library integration and more. These guys are really going for the orchestral realism holy grail. Even with the funky video sound, it sounded very good. I would like to hear some demos when available.
    Gary Garritan has commented on this product in his NAMM report. It may be a bit pricey depending on the depth of your implementation. The website video may be the most recent demo they have at this time.
    Comments?
    Doyle W. Donehoo, Composer
    Radar Music
    www.doylewdonehoo.com

Re: Check out Audio Impressions’ Realtime Instruments

It certainly has some good ideas and features implemented. Truth be known I was interested in this until I found out about the system requirements.

In excess of 5 top of the line dedicated computers are required to use the majority of the orchestra. If you just want strings, you need at least 2 dedicated machines, possibly 3.

The sound on the video isn't good enough to make a sound judgement really, it could still go either way in that regard in my opinion.

From what I've heard there's still no real sounding scripted legato either.

Still, we shall see in time...

...video is too old and sonic quality is not good. Waiting for a demo justifing
    pricing and amount of harware-software.

Damn.. I thought it was a new movie!

This library has sure got me curious. I really like the thought process behind it and, IMHO, it sounds really nice. It also seems really playable. However, how can you get all of the strings recorded with all of their articullations and velocities in an under 5 gigabyte footprint? Sounds too good to be true. And if you can do it, why do you need so many computers to toss around 5 gigs of data?

VSL makes some outstanding software instruments. Their solo strings take 82 gigabytes of disk space. They have sampled the daylights out of the solo strings and it shows, both sonically and file size wise. How do you get this type of great sound without going for the "brute force/huge filesize approach?

Next look at all of the instruments that this library will have including stuff like guitars, drums, world stuff, big band stuff. 600 sampled instruments in all! What an ambitious project! Hope it's all that and a bag of chips!

Now I just need to find the 20-30k and keep it secret from the wife!

2 cents...

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Post Re: Check out Audio Impressions’ Realtime Instruments

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    Damn.. I thought it was a new movie!
    Well, OK! Here is a link to a movie from Winter NAMM that the Audio Impressions guys sent me:

http://keyboardmag.tv/index.html?req...dioimpressions

Like I and Darth Vader said, "Impressive...very impressive."
    Doyle W. Donehoo, Composer
    Radar Music
    www.doylewdonehoo.com

Wow,
    they got a Mac award for a pc based product that has not been released yet.
    Again, impressive!

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

They have to stop relying on these low quality videos for promotion.
    DEMOS please!!!!
    It's two full years now and all the buzz is based on two super low bandwidth crappy video sound. And it seems those that played it in person at namm are far from glowing about it.

Waiting for high quality demos.

It does sound better than the old demo.

Quote Originally Posted by dwdonehoo
    Well, OK! Here is a link to a movie from Winter NAMM that the Audio Impressions guys sent me:

http://keyboardmag.tv/index.html?req...dioimpressions

Like I and Darth Vader said, "Impressive...very impressive."
    Thanks for that

Now we just need demos.

Go Back to forum