• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan in hardware

Garritan in hardware

Maybe already answered somewhere, but I can't find it. Is there a hardware device, like a synth, having loaded GPO, so that I can direct my midi streams with a midi cable to that hardware, like I now do having connected my Notation program to the midi ports directing to the JV-1010 synth?

I am not speaking about Garritan Studio and virtual cabling. I know all about that already.

Re: Garritan in hardware

RECEPTOR is the more similar thing to what you want, i believe.
    Marcelo Colina

Thank you for the link . And now we are talking "budget" . Unless any lottery comes along..... no way.

Why do you want this hardware, is it just so you don't need to switch your computor on when playing GPO with the keyboard.

No, it is that my present Notation program only plays back thru MIDi and my synth. Those synth sounds are awful in comparison with GPO. Any other configuration with that notation program fails. That's why I am looking for another solution, either another notation program or something else that frees me from this ordeal.

And the last service pack to repair some bugs, just made it worse. This program stalls every now and then, without any warning and when I didn't save what I just had written (input)... I can start all over again (with that phrase).

Sounds like you need a more modern notation program that works with VST. I use Overture 4.

Have a look at Sibelius: http://www.sibelius.com

In addition to being a wonderful notation program, and relatively easy to learn quickly, it also supports a Sibelius-specific version of GPO which responds to articulations and dynamics from within Sibelius. They have a listing for SIb-GPO in the "store" area of the website.
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA

Go Back to forum