• Register
  • Help

Topic: TRACKTION USERS, well, others too!

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation TRACKTION USERS, well, others too!

I have updated Kontakt to version 2.2 on my computer last month. Ever since, Every time I try to load the Kontakt 2 plugin, Tracktion suddenly quits.

I am using version 1.6.0.1 - I have also tried this using the downloaded T2 demo. Also exhibits the same behavior.

The Kontakt Player 2 worked just fine till I recently installed a newer instrument which is based on 2.2.

Now ITS plugin will not load without crashing Tracktion.

So, in effect, K2 and K2player both are unusable. (within Tracktion)

The weird part is this. The VST crashes Tracktion, but the AU of K2 and K2player load FLAWLESSLY in Garageband, DP and Finale.

Has anyone else noticed anything weird happening when loading K2.2?

Even if you don't use Tracktion, anybody have any problems?

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Re: TRACKTION USERS, well, others too!

I use tracktion 2 but unfortunately do not have Kontact 2.2. Tracktion does have a problem with some of the newer software out (that's part of the reason for the new upcoming Tracktion 3). Plus tracktion does not work well with dual core processors (that's another reason fr Tracktion 3).

If you have a dual core processor which, I believe Kontact 2.2 can handle than it is quite possible that that is causing issues with tracktion 1.6 and your demo of 2.2.

My tracktion seemed to work fine on most my lder software but the newer stuff started causing problems. I have set my affinity to 1 processor by passing the other when working with tracktion.

This is just a quess on my part since I don't know what kind of machine you are using. If what I have said isn't helpful, all I can say is good luck with getting answers from Mackie. They do not respond to questions on their own website. At least they don't respond to mine or a few others I've read on their site!

Good Luck. I keep an eye on this topic.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    Has anyone else noticed anything weird happening when loading K2.2?

Even if you don't use Tracktion, anybody have any problems?

Jerry
    K2.2 - and KP2.1.1.008 - loads fine in Sonar 6 SE, Sonar HS 4, Finale 2006c and even in Finale 2007b. I did expersience some crashing in SHS right after the update to 2.2 (Nov/Dec), but not lately, whatever the reason.

I am using Tracktion 1 and everytime I load the Kontakt 2 demo version VST into Tracktion 1 the computer freezes.

-Richard

I have gotten around this somewhat by using Midiyoke with both Tracktion and Kontakt 2, I don't know if that would help.

-Richard

Go Back to forum