• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Strings Ownership

Garritan Strings Ownership

I just wanted to confirm that if you purchase the Garritan Strings library, you're not allowed to sell them to another user and transfer the ownership, correct? Does this go for pretty much all instrument libraries on the market today? I'm asking because I vaguely remember reading a post by someone who was selling one of their libraries and requesting permission to "transfer ownership" so I wanted to check. Thanks guys!

Re: Garritan Strings Ownership

Most probably this is correct (Do wait though for Mr. G. to say so officially). Or get your hands on the license agreement!

Actually I do remember someone who wanted to sell a piano library and was researching on it... You do need to ask permission from the company, who will probably say no... :-/ As far as I know though, NI has transferable licensies for a certain ammount of a fee... So it could be... Smaller companies may allow it, it all depends...

I (officially!) buyed my GPO second hand from somebody that did not have it registered yet, and StormDrums from another user that unregistered it at Native Instruments. They are both running with NI Kontakt and Kompakt players though.

All your strings belong to me!

Orcas Island

We have always allow people to transfer GOS. The license agreement states "this license is not transferable unless there is written consent of Gary Garritan". And I have never denied anyone consent.

Anything with the Kontakt Player (GPO/JABB/Strad, etc) must be handled through Native Instruments.

Hope this helps.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum