• Register
  • Help

Topic: Track Volume Problem with GPO and Sonar

Share/Bookmark

Track Volume Problem with GPO and Sonar

Using the VST of GPO with Sonar 6.2.

I lowered the volume of a track with the volume control in the track view in Sonar. While actually moving the control, the volume went down, as it should.

BUt--when I let go of it, although the control stayed at the same place, the actual heard volume went back up. Even when (as an experiment) I set the volume to 0 (the control remained at 0), the actual sound was loud.

I sense this is a GPO problem rather than a Sonar problem, because it doesn't happen with other synths.

As an alternative, I tried lowering the volume control for that instrument in GPO itself. It didn't stay where I set it, however, but bounced back to the middle. (In any case, I'd rather control the volume from Sonar.)

Can anyone help with this?

Re: Track Volume Problem with GPO and Sonar

Usually if you make the track with the Sonar Synth rack, it creates 2 tracks. A midi track and an audio pass-through track (which you can freeze if you want to). If you're adjusting the volume in the midi track, try doing it in the audio track instead. Another possibility is to insert a mixing bus, send the output of the audio track there, then manipulate the bus volume. This works better if you have a bunch of tracks getting the same treatment.

Howard

Do you have CC7\CC10 option enabled in GPO? This needs to be turned on to use CC7 Volume in Sonar. Personally, I never use this and set the general level in the player which Sonar will remember when you save your song. Then I control all dynamics with CC1.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    Personally, I never use this and set the general level in the player which Sonar will remember when you save your song.
    Makes no difference, Jim. It remembers the slider setting as well.

Maiki--As indicated in the other responses, asking Which fader you're talking about is the issue. Don't use the MIDI fader because that's for traditional synths which use cc7 for volume.

Use the VST (audio) track for when you're mixing, and want to control the faders of the tracks.

But hopefully you've done the majority of your volume changes with cc1 before you use the added touch of more volume control via the console strips.

Randy
    rbowser

Go Back to forum