• Register
  • Help

Topic: Free High Quality Sound Sets for VSampler (usable by everyone)

Share/Bookmark

Smile Free High Quality Sound Sets for VSampler (usable by everyone)

Hi,

during the last year(s) I collected some very nice free sample banks and converted them into VSampler format (these banks are kind of my personal best of free sounds). In most cases I did a lot of re-editing works - using advanced features of VSampler like soundset-blending, sample cycling etc. Now I wanted to share this work and I found a good place for this at

http://www.kara-moon.com

(> free stuff > sample pool)

BTW: As far as I remember and if Maz did not change it, the demo of VSampler (which is identical to the full version) is even usable as un unlimited player for VSampler libs. After the testing period just the editing and saving capabilities go (unless you buy a reg-key). So these soundsets can be used by everyone who is willing to download and install the VSampler demo.

So far I uploaded the following libaries (just to put it clear: I am not the original author of these libs, just the collector and VSampler bank editor, and got the permission of the original authors to redistribute these banks):

Vintage Keys Collection
    This free sound-library features a Rhodes Mark I (1973) Stage Piano (sampled by Jeff Learman), a Wurlitzer EP203W Electric Piano (sampled by Greg Sullivan), a Yamaha CP80 Electric Grand Piano (sampled by Greg Sullivan), a Hohner Pianet T Electric Piano (sampled by Greg Sullivan), a Hohner Clavinet D6 (Dsix Magic Soundfont by Robert A) and a Hammond B3 Drawbar Organ (sampled by Jim Beebe).
    Special Features:
    Midi controller #12 controls reverb amount (internal VSampler FX)
    Midi controller #13 controls delay amount (internal VSampler FX)
    Modulation wheel controls chorus amount (internal VSampler FX)
    Size: ca. 185 MB (uncompressed), ca. 52 MB (download file)
    direct link: http://www.kara-moon.com/download_sa...ownload_id=103

E-Bass Collection
    This free VSampler library contains e-bass sounds from the "Naturally Decaying B-Guitars" soundfont by Martin Barret and two soundfonts from Leonardo del Prete (Fingered Bass 2 and Slapped Bass). Special Features:
    Modulation wheel controls chorus amount (internal VSampler FX)
    The Fingered E-Bass 1 automatically cycles between two sample sets.
    Size: ca. 50 MB (uncompressed), ca. 13 MB (download file)
    direct link: http://www.kara-moon.com/download_sa...ownload_id=104

Ultimate Guitar Kit
    This is the VSampler edition of the Ultimate Guitar Kit by geoffkhan/gregjazz.
    Special Features:
    Modulation wheel controls chorus amount in bank 1 and distortion amount in bank 2 (both internal VSampler FX)
    Midi controller #15 controls release layer volume.
    Additionally, in the Lead Guitar Sustained, Vibrato and Slides programs as well as in the Smoth Guitar and Chord Guitar programs, controller #16 controls release slides volume (only available for velicities from 120 to 127)
    Size: ca. 62 MB (uncompressed), ca. 26 MB (download file)
    direct link: http://www.kara-moon.com/download_sa...ownload_id=101

G&S Custom Work Drum Kit
    This is the VSampler edition of the G&S Custom Work Drum Kit (Vol. 1) by Salvador Pelaez.
    Special features:
    Midi controller #12 controls reverb amount (internal VSampler fx)
    Midi controller #13 controls delay amount (internal VSampler fx)
    Modulation wheel controls flanger amount (internal VSampler fx)
    By default, for greater flexibility triggered zones are not played back in drum mode (one shot) but in normal mode. Thus, if you want a one shot-like behaviour, simply insert a value above 64 for controller #64 in your midi track or press/hold the sustain pedal of your keyboard.
    Size: ca. 350 MB (uncompressed), ca. 150 MB (download)
    direct link: http://www.kara-moon.com/download_sa...ownload_id=102

yPPse Drum Kit
    This VSampler version of the yPPse Drum Kit.
    Special Features:
    Modulation wheel controls flanger amount (internal VSampler FX)
    In order to achieve a drum sampler-like trigger behaviour use the sustain pedal of your controller or set the value of midi controller 64 to a value above 64 in your track. Otherwise some samples, especially cymbals, will not sound to full lenght.
    Size: ca. 300 MB (uncompressed), ca. 120 MB (download file)
    direct link: http://www.kara-moon.com/download_sa...wnload_id=4143

Maestro Concert Grand
    The Maestro Concert Grand is a sampled reproduction of a Yamaha CF-3 grand piano from the early 90s (sampled by Mats Helgesson).
    Special features of the VSampler edition:
    Remapping and addition of "virtual" velocity layers for more dynamics
    Midi controller #12 controls reverb amount (internal VSampler fx)
    Midi controller #13 controls delay amount (internal VSampler fx)
    Modulation wheel controls chorus amount (internal VSampler fx)
    Midi controller #15 controls key release noise amount
    bank 2 offers sustained notes, release notes and pedal fx separated
    Size: Size: ca. 950 MB (uncompressed), ca. 334 MB (download)
    direct link: http://www.kara-moon.com/download_sa...wnload_id=4132

Please note:
    1. In order to reduce loading time you may resave the VSampler bank uncompressed (file > archieve > choose "embedded samples (uncompressed)" or "linkes samples").
    2. If you find the controller mapping uncomfortable you may easily remap the controllers to your liking using the internal controller mapper of VSampler (options > MIDI > preferences > controller map)

Known issues and general work-arounds for VSampler:
    1. If you have no SSE support or have disabled SSE support of VSampler you probably will hear all effects at 100% no matter what your controller settings are
    > use the effects pane of VSampler to enable/disable effects and set the right fx amount.
    2. clicks at overlapping notes in midi playback through host
    > reduce latency until the clicks disappear, if this not possible: for the respective instruments: disable the internal fx and in performance settings: disable SSE support (to avoid the FX bug > see point 1)

Now, have fun!

Cheers, drjee

Re: Free High Quality Sound Sets for VSampler (usable by everyone)

Thanks for the free sounds. I haven't tried them yet. The Ultimate Guitar link points to the E-bass download though. On a guess, I changed the URL to end in 101 instead of 104 and was able to get it.

Re: Free High Quality Sound Sets for VSampler (usable by everyone)

thnaks, I corrected the direct link. and tell me how you like the banks when you had a chance to try them.

cheers, drjee

Go Back to forum