• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Oh no.... even MORE pianos.....

Share/Bookmark

Oh no.... even MORE pianos.....

Ok, I'm at it again!
    Recording is planned to start beginning of April. Doesn't really matter what the model is, since this will be a "boutique piano". That is, it will be recorded and eq:ed and fixed so that it will sound great in recordings.
    In other word, it's not supposed to sound as you are standing beside a real piano. Not the concept here!
    So, the model isn't important, (even if it's a Nippon made instrument starting with a "Y"...).

We will be recording a couple of different perspectives and I have a fairly good idea of what I'm after, but: Inputs are always welcome!

So, boys and girls! What do you want from a new SampleTekk Grand Piano, (besides the usual 32 velocity layers...)
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: Oh no.... even MORE pianos.....

Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    Ok, I'm at it again!
    Recording is planned to start beginning of April. Doesn't really matter what the model is, since this will be a "boutique piano". That is, it will be recorded and eq:ed and fixed so that it will sound great in recordings.
    In other word, it's not supposed to sound as you are standing beside a real piano. Not the concept here!
    So, the model isn't important, (even if it's a Nippon made instrument starting with a "Y"...).

We will be recording a couple of different perspectives and I have a fairly good idea of what I'm after, but: Inputs are always welcome!

So, boys and girls! What do you want from a new SampleTekk Grand Piano, (besides the usual 32 velocity layers...)
    Frankly Per I think you already accomplished this with the Seven Seas grand. It handles EQ and compression, like I used on my "Eleanor Rigby" demo, so beautifully that it is mix ready.

So if you are going to do another I would suggest that it not be "a Nippon made instrument starting with a "Y" but one Baldwin or a Mason Hamlin, a much underrated piano that AFAIK no one has yet done.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

I actually like the timbre of August Forster pianos

How about a Fazioli? I recently bought Ivory and am not very happy with it. It would be nice to try another version of the Fazioli. I think it would sell.

John
    Student in Electro-acoustics

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic
    Frankly Per I think you already accomplished this with the Seven Seas grand. It handles EQ and compression, like I used on my "Eleanor Rigby" demo, so beautifully that it is mix ready.

So if you are going to do another I would suggest that it not be "a Nippon made instrument starting with a "Y" but one Baldwin or a Mason Hamlin, a much underrated piano that AFAIK no one has yet done.
    I absolustely agree! I would love a sampled Baldwin SD10E Concert Grand! Incidentally, I play a Baldwin 243E Full Upright at home and really like the tone of the bass strings. I have suggested a Baldwin grand to you before, as well.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Here's the curve ball...

(When) will you be recording instruments other than a piano?

I know that there are plenty of folks here who can't get enough different pianos, but I've got a whole lot of them now, and I'd love to see you attacking (and producing libraries of) a wider, more varied selection of instruments, boasting the same depth and detail that you have shown on the TBO, 7CG and other piano libs.

More more more!!! More?
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Quote Originally Posted by alanb
    Here's the curve ball...

(When) will you be recording instruments other than a piano?

I know that there are plenty of folks here who can't get enough different pianos, but I've got a whole lot of them now, and I'd love to see you attacking (and producing libraries of) a wider, more varied selection of instruments, boasting the same depth and detail that you have shown on the TBO, 7CG and other piano libs.

More more more!!! More?
    ...and indeed there will.....
    Just that this piano stood there, and I couldn't resist sampling it.... sorry, it's a defect I have!
    We have planned to record/sample drums later this year. There are also a couple of other things in the pipeline.

Drums will be more of a loop/REX instrument, (did I say VVirtual Instrument...???)
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

I am on record as promising to hurl if there are any more sampled pianos.

- G

88 keys
    32 x 4 random variations pedal up
    32 x 4 random variations pedal down
    32 x 4 random variations release
    lots of noises to add- pedals, chair, lids, coughs, lighting cig, deep exhale

Go ahead and call me crazy
    But if your doing what you mentioned in the other room, why not
    It would seriously be one awesome piano

why someone wouldn't want another great sampletekk piano is beyond me

Hey Gamera -- can you hurl in different pitches?

Sounds like it's inevitable... maybe there's a library in there somewhere.....

— alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Go Back to forum