• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2: A few questions

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2: A few questions

Hello all,

I've been using K2 for a few months now and a few questions/problems have arisen. Hopefully i'll find the answers i'm looking for here.

1. Running in standalone. I'm sure this is possible, yet I have no idea how it's done. I'm running K2 with Nuendo 2 and i've got a Yamaha O1X as my interface. I'd like to be able to use more than just 16 outputs while running as a plug-in.

2. Instrument drop down quickload/load instrument. I used to be able to scroll or browse my samples, now all I get is a <nothing yet> message. I'm not sure when this started. Any ideas?

3. Instrument info. All the included VSL keyswitch instruments have descriptions of the articulation provided by each keyswitch (and a cute little instrument pic under the edit button) yet other libraries like Project Sam have no data about keyswitches (and no pic either). It seems odd that these features are only for the included samples. Is there any way show KS information on other instruments?

4. Sample editing. Is is possible to slow specific samples within and instrument? I know I can slow each sample globally using Time Machine II. I'm curious if I can slow individual samples mapped across the piano keys.

I know it's a lot of questions in one thread. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Kontakt 2: A few questions

Quote Originally Posted by nemo_sim
    2. Instrument drop down quickload/load instrument. I used to be able to scroll or browse my samples, now all I get is a <nothing yet> message. I'm not sure when this started. Any ideas?
    Select "View All", check all folders, select "Instr." only(!) and select View | copy selection to -> | Instruments quickload. Now you should be able to see all available instruments in the Instrument drop down. You can do the same with Multis and Banks.
    Quote Originally Posted by nemo_sim
    3. Instrument info. All the included VSL keyswitch instruments have descriptions of the articulation provided by each keyswitch (and a cute little instrument pic under the edit button) yet other libraries like Project Sam have no data about keyswitches (and no pic either). It seems odd that these features are only for the included samples. Is there any way show KS information on other instruments?
    The Instrument (KS) info has been supplied by the developer. If the information is not in the Instrument info, you will have to find it in the manual instead. Once you have looked it up, you can type it into the box yourself, if you like to have the information there. Just don't forget to save the instrument then. The cute little icon is a standard Kontakt icon, which you can select from the Instrument Options | Infos box. I don't think the icons are customizable.

Re: Kontakt 2: A few questions

Thanks Nickie,

Thats two of two answered.

I know a few of you know how to run this in standalone with Nuendo and you're just not telling me .

Do share.

Go Back to forum