• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sampletekk pianos: using BOTH EXS and Kontakt without duplicating samples?

Share/Bookmark

Sampletekk pianos: using BOTH EXS and Kontakt without duplicating samples?

Hello everyone,

Like many here, I own a sampletekk piano (just cant beat the quality/price) and like some here, own Logic & Kontakt 2. I LOVE how sampletekk provides multi-formats with their libs, as I now have a choice on which to use for a given project (i.e. use EXS for its ease of use and efficiency, use K2 for its purge functions, etc) but there is a small problem. As sampletekk states in their manuals, the EXS version needs special release samples with bult-in cross fades, and if using the EXS version you need to replace the original release samples with these edited samples.

Now obviously if I do that, I loose the release samples for K2, so is my only option to install the libs twice, once for EXS and once for Kontakt? Thats what I'm currently doing, but am wondering if there is some way to avoid having duplicate samples. Have any multi-format users figured out a solution to this problem? Or should I just pick a single format and go with it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Re: Sampletekk pianos: using BOTH EXS and Kontakt without duplicating samples?

Well, do not know the samples, but I guess the naming is the same for the release samples.

If you have EXSManager (which you should have a exs user :-) ) you could do the following.

Forget about K2 for a moment. move the release-samples out of the folder where the note-on-samples are.make a second folder with the exs-release samples. Use EXSManager to re-link the samples (with the right release samples)
    copy/move the K2 release samples back into the folder with the normal samples.

that should do the trick :-)

best

Re: Sampletekk pianos: using BOTH EXS and Kontakt without duplicating samples?

Quote Originally Posted by steff3
    Well, do not know the samples, but I guess the naming is the same for the release samples.

If you have EXSManager (which you should have a exs user :-) ) you could do the following.

Forget about K2 for a moment. move the release-samples out of the folder where the note-on-samples are.make a second folder with the exs-release samples. Use EXSManager to re-link the samples (with the right release samples)
    copy/move the K2 release samples back into the folder with the normal samples.

that should do the trick :-)

best
    Yep, that should do it!
    Also, on TBO and 7CG, you don't have different releasesamples for EXS and the other formats.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum