• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX Wish List. Any ideals?

Share/Bookmark

RMX Wish List. Any ideals?

Let me start...
    1. We should not need to use third party programs like Recycle. All we should do is drag and drop loops into RMX interface. People with the Apple's loop utility don't need Recycle. Why should RMX? We should be able to select as many files as we want and just drag them straight into RMS interface. Then Bingo! everything is ready. What a convenient.
    2. RMX can be a complete drum machine. Therefore, we should be able to drag and drop as many single files into it like Battery and all of the other drum machines: double or use as many layers as you like.
    3. Midi standard is 16 channels even if we don't use them all.

Finally, Spectrasonics should process all files through a 1073 and a distressor. ( just kidding), but it would be nice though.

RMX is a great piece of work indeed and it's very stable.
    What is your wish list for RMX?

--Al

Re: RMX Wish List. Any ideals?

A harmonizer or scale dependet feature to the random pitch function in chaos.... Would be wondefull for those tone elements.

MORE EFFECTS Filter delays...Chorus....

I would love to see a feature like Lives beat repeat. Chaos Designer is kind of like this, but not as controlable.

It would be really cool if you could choose a rhythmic value for the repeats, say a 128 note, and then over the course of a predefined time frame, eg 1 measure, you could spline down, with smooth interpolation, to repeating eith note triplets, or any other note value.

it would great if Stylus had an ability to save user created midi files into patch structure...
    this will give very many possibilities to easily expand standard library
    couse it's still possible with SAGE in our hosts but not very convinient (need to save midi out of RMX)

i'm not english speaking but hope you get the idea

Yes. It would be great to be able to save MIDI within RMX. Then you could use chaos on your own midi patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl
    Let me start...
    1. We should not need to use third party programs like Recycle. All we should do is drag and drop loops into RMX interface. People with the Apple's loop utility don't need Recycle. Why should RMX? We should be able to select as many files as we want and just drag them straight into RMS interface. Then Bingo! everything is ready. What a convenient.

--Al
    Yes, we all know this, because the the RMX was based on the REX2, its
    depended on the Recycle, which doubles the investment by us who want to take the full advantage of the RMX in use. Nothing will change this in the near future, I´m afraid. Spectrasonics is the best salesman for the Propellerheads, I´m sure they´ve been awarded by a medal...;-). H.

I would like to see some Storm Drum or Sam Tue Strile One and Two.

The Epic folder is near but this would really improve the library form media composing.

Other than that I don't find any obvious faults with RMX.

It really is a great product that I am using more and more.....
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Quote Originally Posted by SimonF
    I would like to see some Storm Drum or Sam Tue Strile One and Two.
    That is not a RMX question. This is doable today, if these librarys was rex based, or the companies contacted Eric for making those libraries into SAGE expanders. I would absolutly LOVE more of the epic sounds and the three soundtrack sound menues are excellent, but not nearly enought.

Quote Originally Posted by Lhama
    That is not a RMX question. This is doable today, if these librarys was rex based, or the companies contacted Eric for making those libraries into SAGE expanders. I would absolutly LOVE more of the epic sounds and the three soundtrack sound menues are excellent, but not nearly enought.

True that my point was not a question as such, and though we do have the Epic section I was thinking more along the lines of unprocessed electronic drums.

Percussive Addventures would also be very welcome or soemthing very similar...
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Quote Originally Posted by SimonF
    I would like to see some Storm Drum....
    I definitely second a desire for more "epic" sounds / grooves. I love what RMX has, but more would be fantastic.

I also vote (as I always do) for more multisampled drums in kit mode.

Go Back to forum