• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Yummy chocolate milk

Share/Bookmark

Yummy chocolate milk

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    This is a public service announcement. As you may know from viewing my profile, one of my interests is chocolate milk. I recently tried a bottle of this:

Milky Way flavored chocolate milk. I highly recommend it. It tastes great. If you do not like the candy bar, however, it might taste horrible. But personally I thought it was delicious. So if you are at the grocery store and don't need anymore food and see this on the shelf, go ahead and buy it. But if you don't like it, don't blame me, because you bought it.

I hope this post will help inspire you to become interested in the wonderful world of chocolate milk. Thank you, that is all.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: Yummy chocolate milk

Let's get Mikey to try it. He likes everything..... He Likes it! Hey Mikey!
    Sounds interesting but I've been a Hershey’s Syrup user since a kid and love mixing it with milk, on top of orange sherbet, ice cream, my .... nope, can't say that here but most of all in milk!!
    Styxx

Want some great hot chocolate? Get ahold of an espresso machine, froth some milk to about 165 degrees, carefully pour the liquid into a cup, add your favorite chocolate mix and stir. Now scoop the remaining foam on top.

Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Want some great hot chocolate? Get ahold of an espresso machine, froth some milk to about 165 degrees, carefully pour the liquid into a cup, add your favorite chocolate mix and stir. Now scoop the remaining foam on top.

Good stuff!
    OK, done. Now what shall I do with this foam?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    OK, done. Now what shall I do with this foam?
    I guess it depends on what you scooped the foam on top of...

If it's on top of your head, sculpt it into a small hat.

If it's on top of your dog's head, take a picture and put it on your MySpace page.

If it's on top of your significant other's head, go sleep in your dog's house.

And if it's on top of your hot chocolate, enjoy it!

In the interests of science, I'll try it, but my expectations are low. Store bought chocolate milk has been a turn-off for as long as I can remember. Mixing in the powder is better. For hot chocolate, better still is the stovetop method on the Hershey's can, properly understood. They say to make a paste of the sugar and cocoa, then boil said mixture for 2 minutes. The unwritten but vital modification is to keep boiling the mixture until the sugar caramelizes to some degree. It's hard to get it just right, since you can't see a color change. You need to smell the caramel over the cocoa smell; if you go too far, you have a real disaster in the pan. Pursuing this course to victory may take persistence, but the rewards are considerable.

What if that technology was combined with cooling-stuff-off technology to make cold chocolate milk? I've never had the patience to try, and I'm out of milk right now, but this discussion may motivate me to try.

And now, as a favor to the NS community, the first publication of the greatest marshmallow toasting method yet developed. Find or build a wood stove whose loading door is small compared to its surface area; mine is made from a big popcorn tin and some stovepipe. Once you get a good fire going, toast a marshmallow right at the door. The marshmallow is subject to two contrasting influences: radiant heat from the stove and cooling from the outside air being drawn into the stove. The air preferentially cools protrusions, those very features most likely to burn when ordinary toasting methods are employed. With little effort a thick caramel crust can be formed on almost the entire surface, which is yummy in the extreme.

That's an absolutely brilliant idea. But is it the physics, or the obvious care and attention given to the toasting marshmallow that produced those delicious results?

In other words, nature or nurture?

Or is it all nurture, since the nature in this case is artificial and created by the nurturer to enable the nurturing?

Mmmmm... makin' me thirsty... and hungry.

Oooh... I haven't had orange sherbet in a long time, I crave it... it's much better than ice-cream... yum yum yum...
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Mmmm had some today between teaching private lessons! I think I'm hooked! Thanks Sean, I needed a few extra pounds!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Mmmm had some today between teaching private lessons! I think I'm hooked! Thanks Sean, I needed a few extra pounds!
    Yay!! Congratulations, you have crossed a threshold... you've taken your first step into a larger world.

It was always my belief that if I could help just one... just one person taste the chocolate... then I would have at least made some small contribution to the world, I would have meant something, I would have made a difference. And now I am fulfilled.

Sean Patrick Hannifin

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast