• Register
  • Help

Topic: Welcome to the "Structure Your Music" mini-course by Professor Terry Dwyer

Share/Bookmark

Welcome to the "Structure Your Music" mini-course by Professor Terry Dwyer

Welcome to the "Structure Your Music" mini-course by Professor Terry Dwyer.

Structure is very important is writing good music. If you have written that inspired melody how do you present it and develop it? Just repeating it over and over may turn that great inspiration into somthing boring.

Developing that theme and framing it in the right infrastructure will make it more interesting. Form is crucial in making your music the best it can be.

Professor Terry Dwyer brings many years of experiencing in providing us instruction of how to structure music. We are honored to have his expertise in guiding us through this course.

This course will be presented in six mini-lessons.

You can read the material at your own pace.

We welcome your participation.

Enjoy the course!

Gary Garritan

Re: Welcome to the "Structure Your Music" mini-course by Professor Terry Dwyer

Excellent! I'm looking forward to it!
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Terry,

Thanks for adding yet another valuable educational offering to the tutorials and informational posts you have contributed in the past.

Tom

Thank you very much Professor! I really appreciate this class.
    Take care,
    Steph

Smile Re: Welcome to the "Structure Your Music" mini-course by Professor Terry Dwyer

First, I wish to express my heart-felt gratitude for sharing your time and knowledge! Music and composition is important to me. Sadly, it often receives the least amount of my time and energy due to other priorities. For a long time, I've been wanting to build upon my music knowledge that I gained from my "early life" when I first started music college nearly 30 years ago. (I'm a nurse now, by the way.) In the more recent past, I've looked into music colleges to go for an advanced music degree in composition. I simply want to learn and develop my music skills. What I've found is that there are precious few music colleges that offer advanced degrees. Those few that do exist are so highly priced that I could not attend them.

A while back, after the orchestration course was well underway here on this bulletin board, Mr. Garritan presented a poll to this membership to help direct him in providing possible future courses. I voted for this particular course. This is what I need at this time. I am excited that it's being offered.

I intend to take any and all of the courses that are offered here. Hopefully during the upcoming summer months I'll even start the orchestration course when (hopefully) I'll have a good chunck of time to devote to it! Having attended a more jazz-oriented music college (many, many years ago), I am least familiar with the whole concept of orchestration. Happily, for now, I'll be visiting this particular forum!! I'm good at starting out with a fine melody. Developing it, though, is a challange. Keeping it "interesting" and not "boring" is an equal challange.

(This is just what the doctor ordered! LOL! )

Again, thank you!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

I am about to start the course. Thanks so much Professor Dwyer for sharing this with us.
    Chekad Sarami
    Math Professor

Wow, this course is amazing. It is just what I've needed for some time. I especially liked the point Prof. Dwyer made about the balance between unity and variety; I have tended to go too far on the first extreme and not realise it! It has re-emphasised to me the importance of structuring a piece. I am currently up to lesson 5, and am very much enjoying the course.
    Thank you very much, Professor Dwyer, for your time and expertise in putting this together! It is concise, specific and understandable, a combination not often seen in tutorials in this area. Once again, thank you very much!

Yours ever,

Emerald.Sky

Go Back to forum