• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: gpo piano piece

gpo piano piece

This is a short piano piece in the classical style. I call it 'the old mans dance'. Please give it a listen and tell me what you think.

Re: gpo piano piece

Nice going, Mr. Jay! I like your piano piece. Good use of counterpoint and dynamics. I'm proud of you.

Which piano did you use?

Best regards,

Larry G. Alexander

Very nice work, Jay!

A wonderful composition. It sounds as though it was played live. A very smooth progressive flow. Was it?

Great job!

Delightful piece, Jay; much enjoyed: there's a touch
    of harmonic adventure in this I found most appealing
    and satisfying.

As a pianist, the one thought I had was that parts
    of this might be played a bit more aggressively.
    Given its subject matter, I understand the performance
    perspective; but even us old guys have a firm step
    on a good day... lol.

Nice work on this -- some ingenious excursive thinking
    in it; yet it holds together and flows perfectly.

My best,

Larry, I am glad that you liked my piano piece. When you asked what piano I used, I had to think about it. I looked in my sonar file and discovered that I used the JABB steinway. I had forgotten that I tried that out. Thanks for listening.

Jeff, It was not played live. I used notation software, humanized the sound and spent some time on the dynamics and accents in SONAR. I am glad that you liked it.

David, thanks for listening and your comments. I try to explore harmonic motion in things that I write.

Penfield (Rochester), NY

Very nice piece you have there. I like the delicate sound and texture. Yes I can tell that you spent time detailing it. And it really pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    This is a short piano piece in the classical style. I call it 'the old mans dance'. Please give it a listen and tell me what you think.

A well crafted work Jay - and beautifully rendered. That JABB piano sounds so sweet - and real in your hands. Let's hear some more!

Gary, I appreciate your comments. I want to do more things like this. By the way, I contacted GVOX in regards to using Garritan products with encore. Even though we have something that works to some degree, they said that they are going to bundle GARRITAN products with ENCORE.

Graham, thanks for listening. I think I will use the jabb piano for any future classical pieces that I do. I think it sounds good.

Wine Country, Colorado

Wonderful piece Jay. As David said, nice use of harmony. This fits the piano perfectly but I also hear this an orchestral piece. Thanks for posting.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Bill, Thanks for listening and your nice words. I would like to do an orchestral piece. Maybe I can use this to start it.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast