The Gofriller Solo Cello will soon be released. The new master is on its way to the manufacturer so it should be fairly soon.
The wonderful thing about the Gofriller Solo Cello is that there is so much flexibility and playability - techniques that can be played in real-time! Techniques and articulations not as a gazillion discrete freeze-dried samples that you piece together - but as a dynamic performance that is totally under your control. You made and shape your articulations on-the-fly, like a real player does. This represents a new paradigm is modern instrumentation.
We have posted some technique demos below that show the possibilities of the instrument. The following techniques are played in real-time as a single performance in one pass. Notice the versatility and how so many techniques are possible. Most anything a real cello can do can be performed with this software instrument.
- Spiccato - Spiccato attacks with gradual crescendo
- Fast Line over Entire Range- Example of the Gofriller Cello playing a fast line encompassing the range of the cello in real-time.
- Fast Line with Repeated Notes - Example of the Gofriller Cello playing a fast line with repeated notes.
- Stops (Double, Triple & Quadruple - This is an example of the Gofriller Solo Cello playing a Double Stop, Triple Stop and Quadruple Stop.
- Trills - Trills played in a musical fashion.
- Bow Changes - Here is an example of bow changes played on an open C with 5 different speeds.
- Sforzando Attacks - Sforzando, means to "play the next note with emphasis"
- Major Run - Example of the Gofriller Cello playing a major run in three different octaves.
- Dynamic Changes - Dynamic changes played real-time during portamento.
- Imparting Vibrato - Starting from nand going to nonvibrato with varying vibrato rates - all in real time. Note the vibrato is not static.
- Pizzicato & Chitara Stop - Pizzicato with high to low accents, gradually crescendoing and ending with a chitara stop.
- Glissando Down in Sixths & Octaves - An example of downward glissandos in sixths and octaves.
- Sull'altra corda - A melody played with normal fingering followed by playing the same melody with alternate fingering on different strings.
- Crescendo with Simultaneous Vibrato Control - This is an example of how you can do a crescendos with simultaneous vibrato control. Here the onset, rate and intensity of the vibrato is controlled in real time. Gradual vibrato is imparted with vibrato variations.
- Crescendo with Bow Change - Crescendo and Descrescendo with a bow change. This example shows intonation differences by purposely increasing bow noise.
- Harmonics - Example of the Gofriller Cello playing harmonics.
- Senza Vibrato with Bow Change - Melodic passage played senza vibrato with pedal bow change.
- Con Sordino with Bow Change - Same passage as above played con sordino with bow change.
- Cello Effects 1, Cello Effects 2 & Cello Effects 3- Various fun effects done with the Gofriller Cello. Some of these Cello effects uses a MIDI guitar controller. and some plugin effects.
We can go on and on and on ... ad infinitum....
There are some more demos posted here: http://garritan.com/cello.html
Thanks to Robert for his assistance in realizing these demos. And thanks to Giorgio and Stephano for making this technology possible.
We'll be posting videos showing the versatility of this extraordinary software cello as soon as we can.