• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Can Your Sampled Cello do This? - New Gofriller Cello Technique Demos

Share/Bookmark

Can Your Sampled Cello do This? - New Gofriller Cello Technique Demos

The Gofriller Solo Cello will soon be released. The new master is on its way to the manufacturer so it should be fairly soon.

The wonderful thing about the Gofriller Solo Cello is that there is so much flexibility and playability - techniques that can be played in real-time! Techniques and articulations not as a gazillion discrete freeze-dried samples that you piece together - but as a dynamic performance that is totally under your control. You made and shape your articulations on-the-fly, like a real player does. This represents a new paradigm is modern instrumentation.

We have posted some technique demos below that show the possibilities of the instrument. The following techniques are played in real-time as a single performance in one pass. Notice the versatility and how so many techniques are possible. Most anything a real cello can do can be performed with this software instrument.
    We can go on and on and on ... ad infinitum....

There are some more demos posted here: http://garritan.com/cello.html

Thanks to Robert for his assistance in realizing these demos. And thanks to Giorgio and Stephano for making this technology possible.

We'll be posting videos
    showing the versatility of this extraordinary software cello as soon as we can.

Enjoy!

Gary Garritan

Re: Can Your Sampled Cello do This? - New Gofriller Cello Technique Demos

Wow Gary,

This is like a mini instrumentation class for the cello. The only thing missing are the scores, the range charts and a lot of redundant text!

BTW, the cello sounds absolutely great! I remember some early test demos that many (including me) thought was a bit metallic. It's clear that you took the various feedback seriously. These demos sound wonderful.

My sampled cello can't do that. Not even my real viola can (well, I can do those things, but an octave higher ).

I enjoy hearing all those new articulations. The cello has a great deep rich voice.

Mind-blowing!
    Cubase 5.1 | Cubase 4.5.2 | Digital Performer 7.0 | Mac OSX 10.5.8 || Mac "MDD" dual 1GB | 1.75GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3 | MOTU MidiTimepice AV

Quote Originally Posted by vic_france
    Mind-blowing!
    I don't play any stringed instruments but this is clearly a breakthrough product. Congratulations to all involved!

Keith Walls

Sounds mind blowing! Exactly that Gary!

And since I've come on the Strad platform, I will most probably get on the Gofriller one

sounds really, really great! It starts to be really hard NOT to buy it

Gary:

"Effects 3" is not available. An internet error comes up when I try to access it. Effects 1 and 2 play great.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Wow, very very impressive. I want it.

It looks like you've come up with a few new tricks for this one -- any chance some of the new techniques will be incorporated into another Strad update?

chris.

It sounds awesome ! Unfortunately, I can't get it just yet, but I hope to at some point.

--Richard

Go Back to forum