• Register
  • Help

Topic: Difference Between GPO and Pocket Orchestra

Difference Between GPO and Pocket Orchestra

Hello everyone,

It's been a little while since I have last posted. I just pre-ordered a copy of Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio 6 XL. It comes bundeled with Dimension LE and Garritan Pocket Orchestra. I know that the pocket orchestra is a different version and that it probably has different programming. I was wondering if someone in the know could list what the differences between GPO and Pocket Orchestra are.

Also, I watched a demo about Dimension LE. It appears that you can only load one sound per instance of Dimension. Is that correct? If so, how CPU intensive is it? Hypothetically, could someone load a full Pocket Orchestra on a machine with 1.75 gigs of ram?

Just curious. I can't wait to get my new software. I always get inspired to write!

Here's to waiting!!

For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: Difference Between GPO and Pocket Orchestra

I am curious as well. If soft synth plugins only support one instrument per instance, then this is worthless to me.

I am not interested in the XL version. I don't need "their" soft synths. I have GPO and have CMB on pre-order.

Go Back to forum