• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Dan Dean Strings

Share/Bookmark

Smile Dan Dean Strings

I received my copy of the Dan Dean strings last week. Without a doubt this is the best solo string collection I've ever had the pleasure to play. As far as bang for the buck...nothing else even comes close.
    And no...I'm not a Dan Dean endorsee.

Re: Dan Dean Strings

Could you give us a few sample demos. The site is really lacking in that area.

Let's hear it straight out of the box. Nothing big, just a few measures.

Quote Originally Posted by daw32965
    Could you give us a few sample demos. The site is really lacking in that area.

Let's hear it straight out of the box. Nothing big, just a few measures.
    Seconded. It's an interesting looking lib but I'd love to hear some musical demos.

I went to www.dandeanpro.com and they have a few demos.

What's up with their ordering? Email? Is it in any stores?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by karmacomposer
    I repeat, MUSICAL demos.

Yeah, they definitely did not have any music - but music demos can be terribly misleading because it really depends on the expertise of the musicians creating the demos to begin with. A talented musician can take a crappy synth or mediocre orchestral library and make it sound good.

I liked the demonstrations - boring as hell - but it did show a LITTLE of what ddss can do.

I am considering buying it for solo and dry (as compared to my EWQLSO Gold XP more wet) samples. Too bad they don't have brass and woodwind $200 instruments - the price is definitely right.

How does dan dean strings compare to gpo (strings) - both are about the same price and both approach orchestral sampling via solo instruments (although I know gpo is more full featured and ddss is dedicated to strings).

Mike

I like hearing the nuts and bolts demos as well- I think they are interesting, and very helpful for getting a handle on specific aspects of what the lib can do so I agree with you there. But I really think it's important to hear how all that stuff works when it comes down to actually using the thing for your music. I'm kind of shocked they haven't posted some traditional pieces for people to evaluate. as intrigued with the thing as I am I'm just not going to buy until I hear music that's been done with it.

So Klevin, it's up to you man- sell us!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kleven
    I received my copy of the Dan Dean strings last week. Without a doubt this is the best solo string collection I've ever had the pleasure to play. As far as bang for the buck...nothing else even comes close.
    And no...I'm not a Dan Dean endorsee.
    Hi Kleven,

It's good to hear that you like what you hear. On what basis did you make the buying decision though? There are other alternatives around.

Whether they're good or not I don't see how you can buy without hearing demos from the developer and customers....to get a feel for what it can do.

Frank

Hi karmacomposer,

- but music demos can be terribly misleading because it really depends on the expertise of the musicians creating the demos to begin with. A talented musician can take a crappy synth or mediocre orchestral library and make it sound good.
    DD: This is completely correct and why I have "sent out" for demos of this library. Some are being created right now and will be up on my site as soon as I receive them. I'll post a note letting you know.

I am considering buying it for solo and dry (as compared to my EWQLSO Gold XP more wet) samples. Too bad they don't have brass and woodwind $200 instruments - the price is definitely right.
    DD: I think it would be safe to say that there will be something like this coming in the future. I'm not announcing it, but am working on it as we speak/type. It depends on the DDSSA and the new Blüthner numbers and format, etc..

One thing I'll point out about the DDSSA is that it is easy and quick to use right out of the box. The TI section really works well. You can write parts THEN scroll through all the TI convolution to hear all the different tonal possibilities. Its interesting, many of the TI's reduce the proximity effect and put the instruments in section perspective. From there, add RI and its pretty impressive. The ensembles are very smooth.

Thanks,
    DD

What's up with their ordering? Email? Is it in any stores?

Mike
    DD: DDSSA is not in stores. If you would like to order one, you'll need to email us.

sales@dandeanpro.com

Thanks,
    DD

Go Back to forum