• Register
  • Help

Topic: Evolution - MK-361C USB midi controller

Share/Bookmark

Evolution - MK-361C USB midi controller

Hello fellow giga users.I am considering this controller for use with GS,and I was wondering if there is anybody out there using this controller?
    Any pros/cons?Many thanks in advance.

Re: Evolution - MK-361C USB midi controller

I have it, and I don\'t like it.

If you\'re used to playing expressive lines don\'t be surprised that even when you hit a key just slightly the volume of that note is kicked up a huge notch. The volume curves on this thing are far too sensitive and the transitions between volume levels horrid.

Thanks for your comments.Have you found better controller?I am sorry to hear that this thing is so sensitive.Is there anything one can do about it?I still found it very intresting because all of the real time controllers.Do you use usb midi or standard midi out socket?Is there any diffrence wich one you use?I have now a very crappy controller(roland pc-200)It does not have a proper mod-wheel,just this stupid stick so I can,t use it real time.Have you ever tried these roland controllers by the way?Could this evolution still be step forward comparing to roland?(this is my real userprofile first post was send using my friends profile)Greetings everyone.

How about the Midiman Radium?
    Does anyone have any experience with this one?

Hello Petteri,

Welcome to the forums here!

Regarding your question, I\'m not familiar with the Evolution controller but I have experience with some others, and judging by other replies you may want to look elsewhere.

If you have access to Fatar products you might want to check out the Fatar SL-161 which has several velocity curve choices and has a 61 note synth action. You can go here: http://studiologic.net/sl-161.htm

I personally use a Fatar weighted controller which I like better because I\'m a pianist.

michael88s

My mistake, I needed to re-read the posts.

Hello Markku, and welcome to the forum!

michael88s

Well actually, I haven\'t found a better controller in the sense that I went out to look for a new one. I\'m now again using my digital piano to play, I only use the MK361\'s modwheel and pitchbend which is quite ridiculous considering the price I paid. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Seems they made this thing with the trance/house music crowd in mind who have no use for delicate control over their sounds. Bah. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Anyway, to me ANY master keyboard would be better than this crap.

I\'ve got the little MK-225C model I use as a portable controller. Agree with you bout the sensitivity thing, but have you tried playing with the different velocity curves? I find the C2 setting to be not too bad along with a little tweaking of logic\'s dynamic controls ...

Originally posted by Sovereign:
    I have it, and I don\'t like it.

If you\'re used to playing expressive lines don\'t be surprised that even when you hit a key just slightly the volume of that note is kicked up a huge notch. The volume curves on this thing are far too sensitive and the transitions between volume levels horrid.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Originally posted by Mike Auty:
    [QB] I\'ve got the little MK-225C model I use as a portable controller. Agree with you bout the sensitivity thing, but have you tried playing with the different velocity curves? I find the C2 setting to be not too bad along with a little tweaking of logic\'s dynamic controls ...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">C2/C3 is what I use, still horrid though. I use Cubase SX so I\'m not sure I have some control over velocity like you apparently can have in Logic.

Originally posted by michael88s:
    Hello Petteri,

Welcome to the forums here!

Regarding your question, I\'m not familiar with the Evolution controller but I have experience with some others, and judging by other replies you may want to look elsewhere.

If you have access to Fatar products you might want to check out the Fatar SL-161 which has several velocity curve choices and has a 61 note synth action. You can go here: http://studiologic.net/sl-161.htm

I personally use a Fatar weighted controller which I like better because I\'m a pianist.

michael88s
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hello michael.I am familiar with fatar products(my friend also has fatar weighted model)I think this could be best choise for me (I am guitar player myself so it does not has to be weighted model)I just liked the idea of those real time knobs for controlling VSTi,s etc.Thanks for the tip anyway.

Go Back to forum