• Register
  • Help

Topic: best non GSIF soundcard for W98

Share/Bookmark

best non GSIF soundcard for W98

I need to buy a new soundcard because I couldn\'t use my SB Gold for Giga. I have almost no budget do I\'m planning to buy a very cheap card for Windows 98. The only need is the be able to run GigaStudio.

Creative Labs PCI 128 ?
    Genius Soundmaker Value 4.1 PCI ?
    Crystal 4 chn ?

Re: best non GSIF soundcard for W98

The recommended cards are listed on the Tascam/Nemesys site. About the only card would be from the SB Live series.

I\'ve heard good things about M-Audio\'s Audiophile card. It\'s one of the cheapest I\'ve heard of. Do a search on this forum for Audiophile and I\'m sure you\'ll find some comments on this card.

Ben Ripley

Hi,

I\'m using the Audiophile 2496 with Giga (Athlon 1 GHz) and it\'s OK. The latency could be better. It seems to not like settings less than 512 samples. The card sounds great so for the most part I\'m happy. I haven\'t really tested it with large arrangements. I think I\'m getting better performance from the older Ego Systems Waveterminal 2496 that I have in my Athlon 700 system. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Steve

thanks but:
    topic: best non GSIF soundcard for W98

You want to be able to run GigaStudio without GISF?

Get a Soundblaster Live Value. You can get them for under $50, and it does a great job with Giga. You can\'t use it on Win2K or XP, but for 98, it works pretty well.

Go Back to forum