• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: Russian Dances

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Russian Dances

    All,

    Here are two of my Russian dances:

    "Russian Dance Number Two"

    "Russian Dance Number Three"

    All instruments are GPO except the accordion which is JABB.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: Russian Dances

    I listened to both of your dances. I think I like the dance #3 best. What composer influenced you to write something like a russian dance? I would not know where to begin writing something like this because I havn't a clue to the style.

  3. #3

    Re: Russian Dances

    Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    I listened to both of your dances. I think I like the dance #3 best. What composer influenced you to write something like a russian dance? I would not know where to begin writing something like this because I havn't a clue to the style.
    I didn't get any direct influence from anyone. I just wrote it. (I don't have a clue as to the style either.)

    Thank you for listening.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Re: Russian Dances

    Previet, Comrade Lahrey Alexandrovich!
    Nicely done! I especially liked the #3 version. You definately have a Rooskie thing happening here. I spent a few years there so I do have some idea although I mostly heard their more modern and more classical music. Maybe you were Russian in a previous life. lol

    All the best! - Del

  5. #5

    Re: Russian Dances

    Quote Originally Posted by DelCarry
    Previet, Comrade Lahrey Alexandrovich!
    Nicely done! I especially liked the #3 version. You definately have a Rooskie thing happening here. I spent a few years there so I do have some idea although I mostly heard their more modern and more classical music. Maybe you were Russian in a previous life. lol

    All the best! - Del
    Spacebo, comrade Delsky!

    Best regards,

    Larrysky
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: Russian Dances

    Fine job on these, Comrade Alexanderskovich!

    I like both, but No. 3 with the squeeze-box is
    most interesting, has the good sturdy feel of
    proper peasant music lurking in it.

    My best,


    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  7. #7

    Re: Russian Dances

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Fine job on these, Comrade Alexanderskovich!

    I like both, but No. 3 with the squeeze-box is
    most interesting, has the good sturdy feel of
    proper peasant music lurking in it.

    My best,


    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    My inspiration to write them stems from my peasant upbringing.

    Thanks and regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: Russian Dances

    Definitely good Olga on the Volga music. They conjure up possible traces of russian and polish heritage from my maternal grandmother.

    Phil

  9. #9

    Re: Russian Dances

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    Definitely good Olga on the Volga music. They conjure up possible traces of russian and polish heritage from my maternal grandmother.

    Phil
    Thank you for listening, comrade Philsky.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •