• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Pocket Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Pocket Orchestra

I'll be getting Garritan Pocket Orchestra with Cakewalk Software and was wondering what it is & how it compares to the full personal orchestra?
    Will the quality of the instruments be the same but just not as many or will there be an obvious sound quality difference? I can't find anywhere that tells me what instruments are included.

Gary

Re: Garritan Pocket Orchestra

I am interested in finding that out also. I upgraded from Sonar HS 4XL to Sonar HS 6XL for the Pocket Orchestra, but also have not gotten much info on what it includes.

Quote Originally Posted by garyed1
    I'll be getting Garritan Pocket Orchestra with Cakewalk Software and was wondering what it is & how it compares to the full personal orchestra?
    Will the quality of the instruments be the same but just not as many or will there be an obvious sound quality difference? I can't find anywhere that tells me what instruments are included.

Gary
    The Pocket Orchestra is about 1/3 the size of GPO and represents a basic orchestral soundset. The samples come from the full GPO, except there are fewer of them, so there should be no sound quality difference.

Gary Garritan

Thanks for the info,
    I think its a great idea to bundle a smaller version like that with a program.
    It helps the musician get a feel for what the full blown orchestrta will be without having to spend too much up front before deciding & it helps the developer get his product used by more musicians which in turn should generate more sales.
    Thanks again ,

Another Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    The Pocket Orchestra is about 1/3 the size of GPO and represents a basic orchestral soundset. The samples come from the full GPO, except there are fewer of them, so there should be no sound quality difference.

Gary Garritan

Thanks Gary, this is exciting because I just purchased Sonar HS 6XL.

Well,how did it work out for everyone?
    Are you happy with GPO?

Quote Originally Posted by skyy38 View Post
    Well,how did it work out for everyone?
    Are you happy with GPO?
    It was 3 years ago when RAM was a big theme in these days.
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

And yes, it worked out great. (for me, at least.)
    It caused me to become a Garritan customer.
    It's a Viking thing.

http://www.indabamusic.com/#!/asset/show/1303783
    The strings and trumpet sounds here are from Garritan POCKET orchestra, which bundles with the Cakewalk Dimension package mentioned above, and I thank Mr Garritan for the technical info. I've been wondering that myself.
    John B.

Go Back to forum