• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: Garritan Pocket Orchestra

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Garritan Pocket Orchestra

    I'll be getting Garritan Pocket Orchestra with Cakewalk Software and was wondering what it is & how it compares to the full personal orchestra?
    Will the quality of the instruments be the same but just not as many or will there be an obvious sound quality difference? I can't find anywhere that tells me what instruments are included.

    Gary

  2. #2

    Re: Garritan Pocket Orchestra

    I am interested in finding that out also. I upgraded from Sonar HS 4XL to Sonar HS 6XL for the Pocket Orchestra, but also have not gotten much info on what it includes.

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: Garritan Pocket Orchestra

    Quote Originally Posted by garyed1
    I'll be getting Garritan Pocket Orchestra with Cakewalk Software and was wondering what it is & how it compares to the full personal orchestra?
    Will the quality of the instruments be the same but just not as many or will there be an obvious sound quality difference? I can't find anywhere that tells me what instruments are included.

    Gary
    The Pocket Orchestra is about 1/3 the size of GPO and represents a basic orchestral soundset. The samples come from the full GPO, except there are fewer of them, so there should be no sound quality difference.

    Gary Garritan

  4. #4

    Re: Garritan Pocket Orchestra

    Thanks for the info,
    I think its a great idea to bundle a smaller version like that with a program.
    It helps the musician get a feel for what the full blown orchestrta will be without having to spend too much up front before deciding & it helps the developer get his product used by more musicians which in turn should generate more sales.
    Thanks again ,

    Another Gary


    Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    The Pocket Orchestra is about 1/3 the size of GPO and represents a basic orchestral soundset. The samples come from the full GPO, except there are fewer of them, so there should be no sound quality difference.

    Gary Garritan

  5. #5

    Re: Garritan Pocket Orchestra

    Thanks Gary, this is exciting because I just purchased Sonar HS 6XL.

  6. #6

    Re: Garritan Pocket Orchestra

    Well,how did it work out for everyone?
    Are you happy with GPO?

  7. #7

    Re: Garritan Pocket Orchestra

    Quote Originally Posted by skyy38 View Post
    Well,how did it work out for everyone?
    Are you happy with GPO?
    It was 3 years ago when RAM was a big theme in these days.
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

    Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

  8. #8

    Re: Garritan Pocket Orchestra

    And yes, it worked out great. (for me, at least.)
    It caused me to become a Garritan customer.
    It's a Viking thing.

  9. #9

    Re: Garritan Pocket Orchestra

    http://www.indabamusic.com/#!/asset/show/1303783
    The strings and trumpet sounds here are from Garritan POCKET orchestra, which bundles with the Cakewalk Dimension package mentioned above, and I thank Mr Garritan for the technical info. I've been wondering that myself.
    John B.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •