• Register
  • Help

Topic: Free scoring noise at Digital Orchestration.com

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb Free stage noise at Digital Orchestration.com

Hi all,

In case you were not yet aware - the MIDI orchestration tips & tricks I used to post on my website have now been moved to a separate website I created specifically for this: Digital Orchestration.com.

Apart from the list of tips, tricks and news items on orchestral sample production you will now find there, I added a free gift for all visitors: a stage noise loop I recently created.

From Digital Orchestration.com:

What is stage noise?
    In this case it is a 28 second recording of 40 musicians sitting in a scoring stage (large recording studio) with instruments in their hands, doing exactly nothing. This way a natural evironment is captured that includes all the elements you find in a live recording: mic, cable and console noise, people breathing, chairs and instruments creaking.
    Please note that this is a different offer than BelaD's free Scoring Noise.

Thanks for checking it out & enjoy!

Maarten
    www.digitalorchestration.com
    www.maartenspruijt.com

Re: Free scoring noise at Digital Orchestration.com

Maarten,

thanks a lot for sharing these noises and many valuable tips.

Great website you are running!!!

Hartelijke groeten uit een koud & wit Zweden,
    Robert
    Supermicro H8DCE, 2*285 Opterons, 16GB Ram, 3TB WD & Seagate drives, MSI 7600GS & XFX 6600GT, Emu 1820m, Thermaltake 750W PSU, watercooling by Zalman & Innovatek, Windows XP64 SP2, Cubase 4.1

Re: Free scoring noise at Digital Orchestration.com

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten Spruijt
    Hi all,

Apart from the list of tips, tricks and news items on orchestral sample production you will now find there, I added a free gift for all visitors: a scoring noise loop I recently created.

From Digital Orchestration.com:

What is scoring noise?
    In this case it is a 28 second recording of 40 musicians sitting in a scoring stage (large recording studio) with instruments in their hands, doing exactly nothing. This way a natural evironment is captured that includes all the elements you find in a live recording: mic, cable and console noise, people breathing, chairs and instruments creaking.

Thanks for checking it out & enjoy!

Maarten
    I can't believe this ... First the duduk, now this ... This site seems more and more like a restaurant, then one reading my mind for the order.

Thank you very much, I've been looking everywhere for what I call "space noise" ... Just a couple of questions - why did you choose on 28 seconds? How big is the recording hall where it was recorded? And how much processing was done to the original recording, if all?

Thanks a lot again, and for a beautiful site.

Go Back to forum