• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finally - GPO at BROADWAY!

Finally - GPO at BROADWAY!

I am proud to announce, that Theatre Broadway - one of the most prominent musical scene in Prague - will host a brand new musical ANGELIQUE with orchestral arrangement and soundtrack I did using GPO and JABB. AFAIK, it is the very first major show in Czech republic it uses Garritan libraries - there is about 80 minutes of music for orchestra, in total.

The play is based on - in Europe very popular - French film series about Angelique with Michelle Mercier and Robert Hossein.

The composer and co-producer of the musical is Michal David, a famous Czech pop singer and composer. The author of the main film music theme is French composer Michel Magne (last song - 58).

The first performance is scheduled on March 6, 2007, but already now, there are over 70,000 tickets sold.

For those, who are interested to hear some examples, please, follow the links below:

4, 8, 21, 25, 28, 30, 32, 46, 52, 58 (entirely GPO - except the solo piano)

There are hundreds of repeats expected this year. So, if you happen to be in Prague, don't miss the show!

Looking forward to see you there!
    Petr Pololanik, M.A.
    Conductor, Orchestrator, Music Producer
    Capellen Music Production

Re: Finally - GPO at BROADWAY!

Hi Petr,

listening to this was fun! I have thought so often that Czech musicians have a good hand.

The snare and the cymbals in the first piece would deserve a rework, they have a tiring effect on me. Other than that congratulations on a mostly excellent pop-musical production!

All your strings belong to me!

Orcas Island

Thumbs up Re: Finally - GPO at BROADWAY!

Bravo Petr,

This is fantastic news! And thanks for telling us about it. To score the music for a musical production in a major European musical city is quite an accomplishment. And to sell 70,000 tickets already will guarnatee this to be a major success.

This is quite an undertaking - to write 80 minutes of music is quite a major undertaking. I listened to each song and you have done a fabulous job with each piece. Very well written, professionally arranged and well realized.

For those who don't know Petr, he has been the conductor behind many of the GPO sessions, conducted the GPO Orchestration Competition Concert and is one of our online instructors for the Orchestration class. Petr is also involved in numerous other exciting projects.

Join me in wishing Petr a very successful performance of 'Angelika',

Gary Garritan

Princeton Junction, NJ

(day job)
    CEO, Cognetics Corporation

(night job)

Excellent! Just excellent! What an enjoyable listen. My congratulations to you for a wonderful writing job.

Thanks for posting your fine music. I understood every word.

My best,

Larry Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander

Thank you all for listening and encouraging comments. Hope to have more GPO events coming in Czech soon.

Petr Pololanik, M.A.
    Conductor, Orchestrator, Music Producer
    Capellen Music Production

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Finally - GPO at BROADWAY!

Wow! Congratulations and very musical!

Good luck with all the performances.

Go Back to forum