Since you're the ones who helped me to build my current DAW, you're the ones I'll bug one more time
Well, since the end of 2005, I tried to put together a AMD X2 4400+ 4gb RAM. Many people here knows how much I suffered because of some components. Now it seems it's running fine, but yet with some things I wanted to be different:
- My XP only recognizes 3gb of my 4gb RAM.
- I hear glitches and pops when using the Sonar 6 multicore option. Probably it's my EWQL NI plugins' fault, not Sonar's, but anyway, without that option, I miss some CPU processing.
- I'm using 32bit OS.
- 939 socket (DDR1 RAMs)
- Nowadays, the AMD X2 939 is surpassed by many other CPUs.
Since this other computer I'm using is very old, I want to put my current DAW here, use it for other purposes, and to build a new DAW. This time I want it:
- to support 8gb RAM DDR2, at least.
- To have lots of horsepower. Don't know if I would go Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Quad or even dual Xeons, dual-dual Xeons?
- Vista x64 than XP x86.
What do you guys think? Any suggestions? Should I really go for Intel this time? And what kind of processor would suit my needs (LOTS AND LOTS of virtual instruments, synthesizers, 100gb sample libraries, many tracks with plugins in real time...)?
Thank you, guys