• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chopin Etude Op10 no5

Chopin Etude Op10 no5

GPO Steinway, working in Overture. Been working on this one on and off for a while. In my view it turned out quite good in the end. Been trying out some different attack vs dynamics to get the sound i wanted.

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Chopin Etude Op10 no5

I'm amazed at how you can get such realism out of Overture. I've tried, and tried. Then again, I'm not as gifted!
    Truly enjoyed every note! Nice work.

Dublin, Ireland

Re: Chopin Etude Op10 no5

For the most part this sounds very believable, more like a human performance - you have managed to get the articulation sounding unmechanical, a difficult thing to achieve especially with quick tempo piano music, I find. Perhaps the very fast downward rush of octaves at the end sounds a bit dry, I would have preferred a little more resonance here with the pedal, perhaps not quite so fast. But that's just my opinion! I look forward to hearing more - the very first etude op. 10 in C would be interesting!

The octaves at the end...ahh... i tried several different approaches on thoose. It's hard to get big chords sounding good i've found, especially played fast. Maybe i could slow them down more as you suggest.

I've done some work on Opus10 no1 already (along with a few others: 10/8,10/9 and 25/11(winterwind).) I'll post them when/if i feel they're ready.

I'm also working on my own composition, but we'll see if that gets posted. I must hook up my digital Piano to the PC in that case, playing it myself, rendering the notes in Overture doesn't sound as good at all.

Well done, Tocca, well done!

Chopin smiles on you, I am sure!

Tocca this sounds great. The piano sounds realistic. I can't imagine notating all of those notes.

Go Back to forum