• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Topic: POLL - Interest in a RAM based piano VI

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    POLL - Interest in a RAM based piano VI

    I'm thinking about building a RAM based piano VI based on our piano samples.
    Since it's RAM based, it has to come down in size, but it still would have pedal up/down and release samples.

    It could have a LOT of pianosounds, just to load up, superquick, and would play without putting BIG demands on your system.

    So, questions:

    Would this be interesting?
    Any comments/requests?
    How much RAM usage would you think would be max?
    If you could get this VI with say, 8-10 different piano sounds, would $199 be too much?
    Worra
    SampleTekk

    Arf, arf, arf...

  2. #2

    Post Re: POLL - Interest in a RAM based piano VI

    Hi,

    I'm interested in a piano VI based on ram. For me, the maximum usage would be around 500 Mo, and for a choice of 8-10 pianos 200€ seems to be a very good price !

    Can't wait to see the advancement of this project. I think it will take time, so maybe not before the end of the year .

    Good work with it,
    Julien

  3. #3

    Thumbs up Re: POLL - Interest in a RAM based piano VI

    Hey Worra, very good idea! I would love to get a RAM based version of the BIG ONE for my RD 700SX!!!

  4. #4

    Re: POLL - Interest in a RAM based piano VI

    Someone enlighten me - whats the idea behind "ram based"?

  5. #5

    Re: POLL - Interest in a RAM based piano VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    Someone enlighten me - whats the idea behind "ram based"?
    samples are loaded into ram memory instead of streamed from disk.
    you can't use the gb the diskstreaming allows you to do, but you will get faster response and less hassle from ram based instruments
    Worra
    SampleTekk

    Arf, arf, arf...

  6. #6

    Re: POLL - Interest in a RAM based piano VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    samples are loaded into ram memory instead of streamed from disk.
    you can't use the gb the diskstreaming allows you to do, but you will get faster response and less hassle from ram based instruments
    Any plans to implement some fancy stuff such as convolution or scripts to reproduce resonance? I´m not sure but I don´t know if a purely RAM based sample piano will beat the current virtual pianos such as the ones from pianoteq or truepianos in the area where I would use them (instead of the Gigabyte monsters)...live playing

  7. #7

    Re: POLL - Interest in a RAM based piano VI

    Hi, Worra, nice idea, but would those be different pianos or different settings with different eq?

    If it would be the latter, it would need to beat Hans Adamson's Art Vista,
    ( http://www.artvista.net/VGP_Demos.htm)
    which uses this technique and, from what I heard from other users, sounds really nice and it's actually cheaper (149 €)

  8. #8

    Re: POLL - Interest in a RAM based piano VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P
    Hi, Worra, nice idea, but would those be different pianos or different settings with different eq?

    If it would be the latter, it would need to beat Hans Adamson's Art Vista,
    ( http://www.artvista.net/VGP_Demos.htm)
    which uses this technique and, from what I heard from other users, sounds really nice and it's actually cheaper (149 €)
    Different pianos, and I asked about a price on 200 USD, not 200 Euro.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

    Arf, arf, arf...

  9. #9

    Re: POLL - Interest in a RAM based piano VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Raindog
    Any plans to implement some fancy stuff such as convolution or scripts to reproduce resonance? I´m not sure but I don´t know if a purely RAM based sample piano will beat the current virtual pianos such as the ones from pianoteq or truepianos in the area where I would use them (instead of the Gigabyte monsters)...live playing
    He, he.... that remains to be seen...... Probably not convoluting though. Frankly, I feel that real release samples sounds better.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

    Arf, arf, arf...

  10. #10

    Re: POLL - Interest in a RAM based piano VI

    Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    Different pianos, and I asked about a price on 200 USD, not 200 Euro.
    Cool

    Thks for the update

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •