• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: Office Politics

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Office Politics

    This is a programatic piece I wrote as a stress reliever from daily office politics: www.greenbackdollar.com/OfficePolitics.mp3


    I hope you can relate.

    Thanks,
    Don
    www.doncleary.com
    don@doncleary.com

  2. #2

    Re: Office Politics

    I like it, as if those are the voices in all the cubicals.
    I like how some voices go up at the end while others go down.
    Thanks for posting this.
    Dan

  3. #3

    Re: Office Politics

    Nice writing (and rendering) in this, Don!

    A very well made study, this would make
    a great concert piece... much enjoyed;
    some real craftsmanship in this.

    One comment I'd make is this seems to
    be somewhat preludial, leading to some-
    thing... perhaps a suite?

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  4. #4

    Re: Office Politics

    A very whimsical song. It has a real playful sound to me. I like the interplay of instruments. Very nice.
    -Jay

  5. #5

    Re: Office Politics

    Very, very nice piece of music.

    Question? Were do you work?
    When I got home from work I liked to smash things...... [working with computers in the pre-windows era]. Now I want to smash things in the windows era, but that is another problem [retirement!!!]

    Raymond

  6. #6

    Re: Office Politics

    Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    I like it, as if those are the voices in all the cubicals.
    I like how some voices go up at the end while others go down.
    Thanks for posting this.
    Dan
    I was thinking of a committee meeting, but cubicals works, too. The opening melody is my boss calling, "Doc-tor Cleary-y" and it goes downhill from there lol.


    Don
    www.doncleary.com

  7. #7

    Re: Office Politics

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Nice writing (and rendering) in this, Don!

    A very well made study, this would make
    a great concert piece... much enjoyed;
    some real craftsmanship in this.

    One comment I'd make is this seems to
    be somewhat preludial, leading to some-
    thing... perhaps a suite?

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Prelude to me quiting lol. Yea, that's a great idea. A suite would be nice. Thanks for the suggestion.

    Don
    www.doncleary.com

  8. #8

    Re: Office Politics

    Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    A very whimsical song. It has a real playful sound to me. I like the interplay of instruments. Very nice.
    -Jay
    It does have a whimsical quality about it. I started out angry, but by the time I had finished the piece, I was feeling good, so it gets progressively more harmonic I think as it moves to the end.

    Don
    www.doncleary.com

  9. #9

    Re: Office Politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    Very, very nice piece of music.

    Question? Were do you work?

    Raymond
    It would not be fair to those people for me to say. But if you've ever worked in an institution that thrived on bureaucracy, you KNOW what it's like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    When I got home from work I liked to smash things...... [working with computers in the pre-windows era]. Now I want to smash things in the windows era, but that is another problem [retirement!!!]

    Raymond
    Better to bang on the keys don't you think? The other day I walked out on a meeting with the words, "I'm sorry. I have to leave, or I'm going to do something I'll be sorry for. " But instead, I wrote this little fun piece and now I'm no longer sorry, but I am considering an early retirement lol.

    Don
    www.doncleary.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •