• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What region does this evoke?

Share/Bookmark

What region does this evoke?

Hi all,

I'm looking for lots of feedback, if you have 47 seconds, please give this a listen.

I don't want to bias anyone, so I'm not going to mention what world region I'm trying to evoke. And I'm not really sure that I'm getting it right.

So... where does this put you?

Ethnic Demo on this page.

Various free samples and everyone's favorite JABB

Thanks everyone!

Re: What region does this evoke?

hi
    It makes me think of Incan/Mayan/Aztec etc. If I'm incorrect, please don't take it personally
    Take Care,
    Steph

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    hi
    It makes me think of Incan/Mayan/Aztec etc. If I'm incorrect, please don't take it personally
    Take Care,
    Steph
    Thanks Steph, don't worry I won't take anything personally .

Can anybody else offer a perspective?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tfishbein82
    So... where does this put you?
    Please don't take it personally but my initial gut reaction is “new-age pseudo primitive”.

Ed
    //
    // Ars longa, vita brevis
    // http://edosbear.blogspot.com/
    //

Reminded me of Africa with the voices... but the drums and the woodwinds actually reminded me of Australia... from watching Rescuers Down Under in my youth I guess.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

rhythm is kinda african, flute is from primitive instruments sample library, it sounds like Amazonian, maybe Chile, voices are from that Africa sample CD, so altogether it sounds like an eclectic mix, call it some kind new-age if you must. if you are really trying to depict some kind of region, try to use actual instruments (samples) from that region at least, though some mocking of their playstyle would be nice, too.

Well, "World Music" would be my guess. West African percussion, some African vocal - but only snippets, flute-like instruments more akin to some jazz with the overblowing.

Does it matter? If you like what you have created, does the geography really come into play?
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Sounds to me like underwater sounds.

Richard

Reminded me of Africa with the voices... but the drums and the woodwinds actually reminded me of Australia... from watching Rescuers Down Under in my youth I guess
    The same for me but i will tell New Zealand for the drums but i may be wrong.

when i first heard the drums i thought of africa, but the flute and voices made me think of the amazon. i have NO IDEA what amazon music sounds like, but thanks to indiana jones and movies like that i equate it to something like your piece.

p.s. i thought you "action" piece was mixed incredibly well (great tune also). if you wouldn't mind i've got a couple orchestral pieces on my site ("Valentine" and "Slow March"), and if you could listen and give me some mixing tips i would GREATLY GREATLY appreciate it. either way, have a great day and keep up the music.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast