• Register
  • Help

Topic: Did they give up on GVI for Mac?

Share/Bookmark

Did they give up on GVI for Mac?

I searched around the boards, but haven't seen anything about this subject in quite some time. Funny thing is.... i've been using Kontakt while waiting/hoping the mac version of GVI would come out. Now I think I like Kontakt better than GVI. I've been testing things out, and Giga still sounds a like there is better sonic clarity one big projects, but Kontakt is a hella lot more convenient.
    anwayz.... any news?
    thanks
    im

Re: Did they give up on GVI for Mac?

At CES in January they said they were still working on the Mac version. It was still to early to show it, and they didn't give a date. I would guess mid-year or a bit later, but I have no inside info. Just my gut feel...

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    At CES in January they said they were still working on the Mac version. It was still to early to show it, and they didn't give a date. I would guess mid-year or a bit later, but I have no inside info. Just my gut feel...
    I read somewhere else that there could be an announcement at Musikmesse this month. I believe there was also the possibility mentioned of some GS4 related news.

Fun Times.

Belbin

I believe that Tascam will be at NAB again this year. If not at Musikmesse, maybe there will be an April announcement in Vegas.

just so the TASCAM boys will know that we haven't lost interest.....
    for me, *every* morning (7 days/week), begins with a large cup of coffee by my laptop, logging on to this BB, and *hoping* for that "GVI for Mac" announcment.
    every morning......
    Mac G5 DP 2.3, Os 10.4.11, 4 Gig RAM running DigiPerf 5.13, PTools LE 7.4, Sibelius 5, Finale 2008,
    P4 1.7 Gig, XP SP2, 2 Gig RAM,running GigaStudio 3.2,
    3 x 20" LCDs, 2 x MOTU MTP AVs, Digi 002r
    Kurz K2000r, Roland XV-3080, Emu Pro II, Kurz PC2r, Alesis DM-Pro, Kurz Midiboard

Whew.... i'm glad i'm not the only one! coffeeeeeee....

I've confirmed that Tascam will be at NAB again this year. Hopefully I'll be able to share the scoop in just about two weeks from today...

And then whatever Tascam say, just add two years to it and you should have a fair idea.

Well... GS3 was really, really late. But GVI had a pretty timely release, as did GigaPulse VST.

The Mac version is late - they expected to deliver it last year - but, hey, they're developing for an unfamiliar system. And lots of companies have had delays with their Universal Binary releases.

I think the way to look at it is this: if a company says something is months away, just be glad that you know their direction. But don't expect that any software schedule will hold. That's true from the guy in his basement up to Microsoft's Vista. However, if a company says the disc is at the replicator, then you know it's imminent - though a single hiccup can still bump delivery by a few weeks.

Whatever. I'll be happy to post whatever announcements they make at NAB.

Should be a fun show.

Go Back to forum