• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: An amazing card trick

An amazing card trick

I was so amazed by this I put it on my site. Spoiler warning!!! If you haven't seen this before and don't want to know how it's done, read the thread after you have a go;

Re: An amazing card trick

I won't ruin the fun, but I've seen the trick many times before and this is just a good variation.

Neat home page, though, Tom!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

West Seneca, NY

Hey, that's pretty twicky! How did they do that? I feel as if me mind was scanned! Eh, never mind ... that would be a trick in itself.

Thanks for posting! I've never seen before.

I've seen this trick too many times.

Where did all those jacks come from?
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Saw this years ago - the version I came across had you saying your card aloud; made you wonder if there was a microphone attached to your computer! Once you figure it out, it is still pretty clever.
    Ron Pearl

It's even more amazing than you realize... I thought of ALL the cards at once, and they ALL disappeared!
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Just a simple trick on a computer, try to do that in real life - can't (well, unless you are a magician with all his/her toys) The resulting cards are different from the starting cards, not one is the same card. So, removing your card was simple, just show four different cards from the ones that you started with. (Oops, sorry, ended the sentence with a preposition, am I bad?)

No, but you totally screwed things up for all who are seeing this thread for the first time by explaining the illusion up front. Way to go!

Larry G. Alexander

none of the cards show up at the end, they use cards that are similar so you don't think about it, and it'll get you the first time (or maybe two). either way, pretty cool.
    -Keith Fuller

iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by tmonaghan
    I was so amazed but this I put it on my site.

I was sooooooo getting weirded out at first... That is so neat. I gotta link this to my friends.

That was so much fun.

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

Go Back to forum