• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rosentulpenelken

Share/Bookmark

Rosentulpenelken

There is no special significance attached to the title except that I like it. There is a German rhyme that begins with "Rosen, Tulpen, Nelken". (Roses, tulips, carnations). I have forgotten the rest of it.

http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...scoreid=100728

The mp3 was made using the GPO Steinway. Length, 7 minutes. Rather vigorous in parts. Difficult because of some wide leaps at a fairly fast tempo. If the opening does not wake you up, the ending will.

Richard

Re: Rosentulpenelken

Progression, evolution, and development are quite
    strong and clear in this, Richard; yet, still with the
    characteristic Wayland sense of rotating the "view"
    of the material before the listener. I think this would
    make an excellent concert offering.

Most engaging! Love the ending on this.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Re: Rosentulpenelken

Well, thank you , David. I am particularly pleased with the ending. I have no idea what gave me the idea. But then, I have not any idea of how I dreamed up this piece. It just demanded to be written, so I wrote it, and now I have no idea of how I did most of it. There were many rewrites, at least 50 versions of it in existance at one point. Lots of work, but I enjoyed it immensely. Since finishing it, I have listened to it at least 6 times every day. I just now listened to it twice. I hope others listening to it enjoy it as much as I do. I have hopes for a performance, but not immediately. It is not the sort of thing one can perform at sight! Certainly not me!

Richard

Go Back to forum