• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where are all the Stradi IR's

Share/Bookmark

Where are all the Stradi IR's

Hi,

I have just installed the Stradavari. I am having trouble with the IR's.

The manual states that there are several IR's to choose from the pull-down menu... including a "dry" IR. However, I only have two IR's in my pull-down menu:

Strad_2_01
    Strad_2_02

Both of these IR's have some room ambience. Since I am using Altiverb, I want to run the Stradivari dry, and add ambience via Altiverb.

Please help me find the other IR's that are mentioned in the manual, and in particular, the "dry" IR.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Greg

Re: Where are all the Stradi IR's

The Stradivari 2 library consists of two instruments. The IR's you mention, are for the v2.01 instrument, and they are the only IR's for this instrument. The remaining IR's (Ambience, Stereo, Ambience 2, Mono dry, ) are for the v1.08 instrument.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    The Stradivari 2 library consists of two instruments. The IR's you mention, are for the v2.01 instrument, and they are the only IR's for this instrument. The remaining IR's (Ambience, Stereo, Ambience 2, Mono dry, ) are for the v1.08 instrument.

BTW, welcome to the forum.
    Thanks Nickie.

Is there any way to deactivate the IR's? I want a dry output from Stradi. Also, it seems a waste of CPU resources for me to be using the IR in the Stradi since I am adding ambience with Altiverb.

Best regards,
    Greg

No way to deactivate the convolution, and believe me, you wouldn't do it even if you could!

No way to deactivate the convolution, and believe me, you wouldn't do it even if you could!
    ... and why is that?

Raymond

Because the Stradivari is designed to use the IR's. The samples are processed in a way, so they only sound truely as a violin, when they are convoluted. Without the IR they have a distinct buzzing sound.

Because the Stradivari is designed to use the IR's. The samples are processed in a way, so they only sound truely as a violin, when they are convoluted. Without the IR they have a distinct buzzing sound.
    Aha... so without it is good for that "Bumblebee" piece

Raymond

Yeah, it would be "The flight of the Stradivari"

Go Back to forum