• Register
  • Help

Topic: Search a WaveRt pro Audiocard

Share/Bookmark

Search a WaveRt pro Audiocard

Hello,

I search a pro Audiocard with WaveRT support for Sonar 6.2.

Where can i found one ?

Re: Search a WaveRt pro Audiocard

For what you're asking, the best place to find WaveRT at this point in time is by using the on-board HD Audio device with the Microsoft class driver.

This is a newer technology, and it will take a little time to be adopted in the pro-audio world, but as it's required for any new Vista machine, it should be a good bet that a new machine with HDAudio will give you what you want.
    Pat Azzarello
    http://www.patazzarello.com

Hi,

Im' disapointed.

WaveRT is dead before to be born.

I don't understand Microsoft. They should help pro audio engineers to develop new hardware with Wavert drivers.

WaveRT is useless if nobody use it !

back to Xp !

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier
    Hi,
    I don't understand Microsoft. They should help pro audio engineers to develop new hardware with Wavert drivers.

WaveRT is useless if nobody use it !

back to Xp !
    I don't understand this sentiment. It takes for adoption to happen. Even though Vista has been on the streets for months, there are still a large number of audio companies who haven't gotten their drivers working. In March 2006 a large group of developers (M-Audio, MOTU, Cakewalk, Steinberg, and many others) were invited to Microsoft to learn about this, and how to work on Vista (in pro audio scenarios). Some have released, others have started implementation, and some haven't. Microsoft can't really do all the work for them without breaking their current products - and I don't think anyone wants that to happen.

The idea here was not to replace today's pro hardware already in peoples studio (which already supports low latency), but to help the entry level buyer (who buys a new Vista machine) get low latency without requiring an expensive card (i.e., they can download a demo and get a really good experience, but that software, and eventually upgrade to a better sounding card later.
    Last edited by Pat Azzarello; 05-11-2007 at 04:48 PM.
    Pat Azzarello
    http://www.patazzarello.com

Hello,

seems that the upcoming PCIe new products from esi-audio will support Wavert drivers.

And thanks to the new Vista specifications, the new onboard ALC889 seems to be quite good !

It's the first type that onboard audio features are better than some old audio PCI card

thanks !

WaveRT ok -> echo digital audio are ready !

see :

http://www.echoaudio.com/Downloads/Drivers.php

It would be nice if EMU would come out with a WaveRT driver, then maybe I'd think about switching to Vista.

Jim

Go Back to forum