• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cello gliss - slow over a 4th

Share/Bookmark

Cello gliss - slow over a 4th

Greetings!
    Using Personal Orchestra and any sequencer really, how would one obtain a slow Cello KS gliss over an interval of a forth? Pitch wheel gets me a second only. Tried: pitch wheel, CC#19, 20 & 64, notational samples and non-notational samples.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions :-)
    -rich

Re: Cello gliss - slow over a 4th

I'm ususally the first person to criticize others who suggest spending money on other software as a workaround to a technical problem.. so I promise I shall criticize myself later! (), but the Garritan Gofriller Cello is exactly the instrument you are looking for!
    Cubase 5.1 | Cubase 4.5.2 | Digital Performer 7.0 | Mac OSX 10.5.8 || Mac "MDD" dual 1GB | 1.75GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3 | MOTU MidiTimepice AV

Hmmm, that doesn't sound too good (I mean I'm in trouble?).
    After a sectional sound too, which I suppose I could build from solo instruments. But Cello is just the start, need DB, Vln's too.

Quote Originally Posted by xxrich
    Hmmm, that doesn't sound too good (I mean I'm in trouble?).
    After a sectional sound too, which I suppose I could build from solo instruments. But Cello is just the start, need DB, Vln's too.
    You could do that in K2 using a script like SIPS.

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    You could do that in K2 using a script like SIPS.
    You speak in tongues :-) Huh?

If you use Kontakt 2, you can take advantage of its scripting capabilities to enhance the playing of instruments with the scripts found here:

http://nilsliberg.se/ksp/scripts/sips/sips.htm

You speak in tongues :-) Huh?
    You can get SIPS here: http://nilsliberg.se/ksp/scripts/sips/sips.htm

It's what they calls a script. This particular script will help you create legato or portamento lines or slides/gliss. It takes a little use to but it's well worth it. You gonna love this! Just this little script can add a lot of value to your library. You be amaze... I know i was!

But you need Kontakt 2 for this.

Good luck!

Thanks! I do have K2 but don't know how to use it yet:-)
    Will SIPS work for ensemble samples such as Cello KS ?

Thanks! I do have K2 but don't know how to use it yet:-)
    Will SIPS work for ensemble samples such as Cello KS ?
    It was meant to work for solo instrument but it works with ensemble too. So your OK. I'm not sure what you meant by KS? Did you mean Keyswitch? If so i don't think it will work, I'm pretty sure. But it will work in instrument bank.

I suggest you buy, if you can, the K2 dvd tutorials. It's pretty good for beginners like me and you. Or reed the manual and try things as you reed about it.

The tutorials ships with K2 and Kontakt experience for 200$ now from these guys. In case anyone is interested. As a crossgrade that is.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=FpkTlQWRnk!1772323938?O=product.js p&A=FetchChildren&Q=&ci=12154

if you are using this instrument (Cello KS) in Kontakt 2 you can change the range of the pitchband wheel. you open the instrument in K2, click on the wrench icon. there you click on the Modulation icon in the Source part of the instrument (the first one Modulation icon you see). there you should see a line starting with a "pitch bend" and in the middle there is a scrollbar with a percentage of pitch bend applied to the instrument.

sorry if above is a little bit chaotic but english is not my first language...

hope that helps

EDIT: ah. and I forgot that in the begging you have to click on Group Editor and turn on Edit All Groups. if you don't do that only the selected group will be edited (in my case it was "pizz #1").

Go Back to forum