• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: HOTEL EDEN (Cornell Box) - Kowalski

Share/Bookmark

HOTEL EDEN (Cornell Box) - Kowalski

Here is my second offering from my upcoming orchestral suite "The Cornell Boxes."

Hotel Eden

An image of this particular Cornell box can be found here. The previously posted movement (Tilly Losch) can be found here.

Thanks for listening.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Re: HOTEL EDEN (Cornell Box) - Kowalski

Wonderful!

You've certainly hit stride on this one, Jamie!

As always, definitely Kowalski, but there's an
    energy and attitude in this I haven't heard
    before from you; an uninhibited roll in the
    feathers that reflects its subject to a tee --
    and lets us all see you laughing.

Keep it coming, my friend: I initially thought
    this to be an unlikely topical focus for a suite;
    but this is coming along superbly.

Always my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Jamie this sounds just great!! I ran out of words....

Raymond

3rd to post Jamie! Thank god I saw this thread, soon enough.

so nice rythmic patterns.
    So beautiful lines
    Lovely orchestration
    I'm running out of words to say...
    Strings sound so full, and beautiful. Complete, I'd say... timp complements everything...

Very energetic indeed, but too bad, unlike David, I'm not yet familliar with your music (except the piano septet of course )

Now I'm off to listen to the linked tune here... Might as well bump that other thread as well, while I'm at it. Who knows, maybe people might've missed your other tune, which is a great pity, judging from what I've heard so far from you.

Boy your stuff sure has a lot of personality. Just a great sound. You use a lot of great techniques to portray images.
    -Jay

Jamie:

I must say that I am really enjoying your suite. The first two pieces are just marvelous and fit the "boxes" to a "T." I just admire the way that you can compose and portray exactly what you percieve in each box. A talent for "programme" works, you have.

Will the score for "Hotel Eden" be available or are you too busy at present? So many good things to see after hearing your music.

Again, BRAVO, Jamie.

P.S. Thanks for the "Real Space" reference.
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Jamie,

What an unusual work. But then again so are the Cornell Boxes. Great writing and production of these works.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Your music is always fascinating and well crafted.

Phil

Thoroughly enjoyed the listen! Wonderful composition! Nicely rendered.

Looking forward to hearing more of your orchestral suite.

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Wonderful!

You've certainly hit stride on this one, Jamie!
    Hi David!

Thanks for jumping right in on this one. I'm "mostly happy" with this one, but there are a few transitions I may be going back and cleaning up. I've been sitting on this one for a little time now, but decided to finish Tilly Losch first to clean the sound out of my ears for awhile. I also thought it would be fun to post the other one first, to let the contrast of this one shake things up a little for anyone following the progress.

As always, definitely Kowalski, but there's an energy and attitude in this I haven't heard before from you; an uninhibited roll in the feathers that reflects its subject to a tee -- and lets us all see you laughing.
    There's probably a good deal of humor in almost everything I write, though it's often quite subtle. Even in my ponderous Vesuvius there is quite a bit of "funny" stuff going on. This piece is quite a bit more flagrant, of course, bordering on circus music in a couple of measures. I had to delete the xylophone to keep it from falling over the edge. (No, I'm not kidding!)

Keep it coming, my friend: I initially thought this to be an unlikely topical focus for a suite; but this is coming along superbly.
    As a topical focus this one was a slam-dunk for me. Standing in the midst of Cornell's constructions, I felt the overwhelming need to tip my hat to him. His work is simultaneously delicate and full of artistic abandon... a sensibility I always strive to inject into my music.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast