• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: BLUEGRASS Trilogy (Detroit style)

Share/Bookmark

BLUEGRASS Trilogy (Detroit style)

Here is the last of the three Run C & W tracks I created as midifiles now updated using JABB & GPO for all except
    Banjo and Pedal Steel a bit of Banjo score

HOLD ON I'M COMIN' NEW!

STOP IN THE NAME OF LOVE

WALKIN' THE DOG

Ray

www.rayinstirling.net
    Last edited by rayzalaf; 05-05-2007 at 11:07 AM. Reason: add a little bit of Banjo score

Re: BLUEGRASS Trilogy (Detroit style)

Listened to the other two in their
    other posts... but Hold On is still
    another great set of wheels. Like
    I said, you and bluegrass seem to
    really hit the mark! Rollicking good
    time on this one... maybe I'll become
    a convert... rofl.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Listened to the other two in their
    other posts... but Hold On is still
    another great set of wheels. Like
    I said, you and bluegrass seem to
    really hit the mark! Rollicking good
    time on this one... maybe I'll become
    a convert... rofl.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    David, thanks for listening to all three tracks, I'll let the other posts go and just keep this alive depending on further interest. I enjoyed doing this genre mainly because I wanted to get the banjo fingering close to realistic. Expression on a banjo is quite loud and sharp or in some cases very loud and sharp! no problem there then! but honestly I am going settle down to some particular genre soon!!!!!! No! I'll continue on the jack of all trades master of none path!

Ray
    www.rayinstirling.net

That was a hoot! My favorite of the three.

I remember going to a Bluegrass festival in Eugene, Oregon. I really got into it and bought a pint of Jack Daniels and guzzled it. The cops peeled me off the sidewalk and tossed me into the drunk tank.

Another wonderful adventure.

Phil

Great job Ray. I'm gonna have to dust off my banjo samples. You and Larry have peeked my interest. I used to play real banjo but it would be even more of a challenge to sequence one although you can copy and paste parts and cheat easier with samples.

What did you use for the pedal steel parts?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    That was a hoot! My favorite of the three.

I remember going to a Bluegrass festival in Eugene, Oregon. I really got into it and bought a pint of Jack Daniels and guzzled it. The cops peeled me off the sidewalk and tossed me into the drunk tank.

Another wonderful adventure.

Phil
    A pint of Jack Daniels, that's something to remember!!!
    I'm glad you've enjoyed my scottish bluegrass efforts.

Cheers and beers (JD)

Ray

www.rayinstirling.net

Quote Originally Posted by js33
    Great job Ray. I'm gonna have to dust off my banjo samples. You and Larry have peeked my interest. I used to play real banjo but it would be even more of a challenge to sequence one although you can copy and paste parts and cheat easier with samples.

What did you use for the pedal steel parts?

Joe
    Get that Banjo out! I've recently seen an American combo (singer/guitar, banjo, mandolin and bass) touring over here in the UK called, Hayseed Dixie. They play AC DC, Kiss, etc rocking bluegrass style. They're a hoot!!!!!!!
    Anyway to move on. You mentioned sequencing so I've added a jpg of the first page of the banjo score to this thread, also the Pedal steel along with the banjo again comes from my Roland GS sound module. the pedal steel samples on my Yamaha SW1000XG sound card were better but I can't get my new computer to boot up with it in a PCI slot. It'll probably be this PCI Express business.

Cheers Joe

Ray

www.rayinstirling.net

Ray,

Really great tunes here. I'd like to ask you permission to use one of them as a background for a short personal video piece I'm doing on my 2 1/2 year old grandson. Your writing just captures the mood I'd like to convey in this piece. This is not a commercial venture in any way, just something for a family memento for my son and his wife to have. However, I will defer until I get your permission. Thanks.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee
    Ray,

Really great tunes here. I'd like to ask you permission to use one of them as a background for a short personal video piece I'm doing on my 2 1/2 year old grandson. Your writing just captures the mood I'd like to convey in this piece. This is not a commercial venture in any way, just something for a family memento for my son and his wife to have. However, I will defer until I get your permission. Thanks.
    Thanks for listening and enjoying Jaybee,
    These three short pieces were arranged and recorded in 1993 by some musicians including Bernie Leadon (original Eagles) and released in the album Into The Twangy-First Century by Run C & W . Although I created these three representations of the tracks, I wouldn't claim any rights of ownership of them. By all means use them as you wish, it's my pleasure knowing you want to.
    Cheers

Ray

www.rayinstirling.net

Ray,

Thank you. I'll let you know how the video turns out. Right now I'm leaning towards using "Walk The Dog." It captures the exuberance of this little guy quite well. Again, Thanks.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast