• Register
  • Help

Topic: ProTools and GPO

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation ProTools and GPO

Hi there
    I would like to use GPO as a PLug-in on ProTools, meaning I do NOT use a Midi Controller. I wanna be able to record a track onto ProTools and then simply change the let's say it's a piano I've recorded, to Cello e.g.
    Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to do this.
    Can anyone help please?
    Thanks
    af

Re: ProTools and GPO

Quote Originally Posted by af22
    Hi there
    I would like to use GPO as a PLug-in on ProTools, meaning I do NOT use a Midi Controller. I wanna be able to record a track onto ProTools and then simply change the let's say it's a piano I've recorded, to Cello e.g.
    Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to do this.
    Can anyone help please?
    Thanks
    af
    What part can't you do? You just need to load GPO as a plugin and route it as your playback source. Once you've got it loaded, you can switch to any GPO instrument you want.

And when you say you want to "record a track onto Protools", but you "do not use a midi controller", how do you plan to record the midi information without a midi controller? Are you going to draw each note in?

You need to be more specific about what part of the process you're having problems with.

JT

HI first of all thanks for the reply
    I am recording music via instruments e.g. digital pianos. These do not work as midi controllers unless I made a terrible mistake trying to use them as such...I simply want to record a track and then change it to e.g.vln sound, when I am doing this, with the Plug-in function on ProTools, there is no sound ie I don't receive any playback.
    What extactly will I need to do?
    Thanks

GPO doesn't tell the computer what sounds to play. GPO plays the sounds that a midi file tells it to play.

It needs a midi track, whether it's input by a midi controller, entered by a mouse or imported from a notation program. From this midi track you insert GPO as a plugin, route it as your output source and hear the GPO sounds.

If you are recording a digital piano into an audio track in ProTools, there is no way to change that audio track into a different GPO instrument. If you record your digital piano into a midi track, then you would be able to use GPO.

JT

Go Back to forum